The 3-Day Refresh - the lowdown day 3, the home stretch!

So I'm in my final day and the end is in sight! The amazing thing about 3 days is it is completely reasonable. You can do anything for 3 days, right?

I woke up not only feeling good, but feeling really good.

Good enough to tackle my Body Beast Bulk Legs workout at 5am before breakfast. It is a killer normally but I wasn't sure how it'd be on the Refresh. I will say that I'm definitely a little more prone to muscle fatigue than I usually am but I'm also skipping my Energy & Endurance drink before as my pick-me-up and am replacing my usual Results & Recovery muscle repair drink during with water so that could also be a factor. Supplements aside, it was a good workout and probably helped by the fact that I feel refreshed (hello deep sleep!), recharged and fit. The bloated icky feeling I had after Halloween is gone, my stomach is tighter and I know I'm definitely down at least a 2 lbs. and probably some on the measurements too.

Anyone who saw me today could attest to the fact that I'm doing well - rocking my skinny jeans, have a good energy level and there's no grouchiness here!

So here's day 3 in a nutshell:

BREAKFAST: SHAKEOLOGY & FRUIT

Yesterday was good so I figured why mess with things? So I started the day with an apple and my chocolate vegan Shakeology blended with ice and water. Yum!

MID-MORNING FIBER SWEEP

Chug-a-lug! As one of my colleagues can attest (she was studying me waiting for the gag reflex to kick in), it went down easy and with less than the recommended amount of water is much easier to swallow.

LUNCH: VANILLA FRESH, FRUIT, HEALTHY FAT & VEGETABLE

Again, if things are good, why mess with it? I went with the same lunch as yesterday but am definitely VERY ready for lunch with no morning snack. I also know that I wasn't nearly as good about drinking my water this morning. I had the best of intensions to drink my AM tea but got busy running around at work so it didn't happen. Bad call on my part - I really needed that tea!

AFTERNOON SNACK: FRUIT & HEALTHY FAT

Today is our weekly Fit Club at work so I'm usually scrambling to get from class which ends at 2:50 and Fit Club which starts at 3pm. Today was no different. Instead of my usual protein bar on the go, today's snack was apple with almond butter - a little less portable but a good replacement between the fiber and natural sugars combined with the protein in the nut butter. Totally happy with my snack and as you can see, I made it portable - scooping my almond butter out of the jar while rolling our projector/speakers down to our workout space!


DINNER: VANILLA FRESH, HEALTHY FAT & DINNER OPTION

I have to say, I was plenty satisfied in the amount of food I had last night and tonight (whereas night one I'd be lying if I said I was satisfied.) I am, however, looking forward to dinner tomorrow night (crockpot buffalo chicken wraps!) For dinner tonight though we're all about the veggie stir fry again. I'm more than a little jealous of Andrew's side of rotisserie chicken but I keep reminding myself that I'm in the home stretch. My beloved chicken returns tomorrow.

Stay tuned for my final wrap up tomorrow. Results, pictures (eeek!), inches lost and more. :)





Comments

Popular Posts