The 3-day Refresh - the lowdown day 1

Day 1:

BREAKFAST DAY 1: SHAKEOLOGY & FRUIT

I started my day with a 1/2 of an apple and a chocolate vegan Shakeology blended with water and ice - not a bad way to start the day. Oh, and those pancakes you see in the picture? NOT part of the Refresh...evil kids were torturing me. A little different than my norm in that I don't usually drink the vegan Shakeology but it's soooo much better than the old formula (which left this icky aftertaste in your mouth.) This was pretty darn close to my regular chocolate Shakeology, so much so that I might consider converting. What I will never convert on is giving up my almond milk in my shake. But, in the spirit of the refresh, no almond milk for this girl for the 3 days. Water, water, water!

By mid-morning I will confess, I'm dreaming of food. It's a Sunday, the Patriots are on, Andrew's talking of buffalo wings and pizza and OMG I want all of the above. But NO. I will stay strong and be healthy!

MID-MORNING FIBER SWEEP (Yup, you heard me right. Ick, right?)

So I mentioned that I've done the Ultimate Reset. If you've ever done that you may have the same visceral reaction to hearing that phrase "fiber sweep" since there's an equivalent in the Reset which made me want to gag every time I tried to get it down. Now that's not everyone's reaction. Andrew thought it was fine when we did the Reset together. Me not so much. So I was scared by this one, very scared. Here's me before chugging it:



Here's my assessment afterwards for Andrew (said in a somewhat upbeat and incredulous voice): "I survived and I don't feel like I want to retch. I'm feeling pretty good!" Survived! Hooray!











LUNCH: VANILLA FRESH & FRUIT & VEGETABLE & HEALTHY FAT

Well, the vanilla drink could taste better. That's all I'll say. Again, Andrew tried it and thought it was fine so clearly it's me. Definitely much more palatable when I added my almond butter (healthy fat) to it with ice and
water. Overall, not a bad mini meal. I decided to eat my fruit (you can add it to the vanilla fresh) so I'd have more to eat.


AFTERNOON SNACK: VEGETABLE & HEALTHY FAT


DINNER: VANILLA FRESH & DINNER OPTION

We went with the veggie stir fry and a bowl of vegetable broth and the vanilla fresh with water/ice. Not bad but as a devout carnivore, I'm not going to lie, my dinner was missing it's star. I'm having small flashbacks to my Reset days - the food is fine albeit a little lackluster.


Part of my issue? The bowl of Halloween candy that's sitting on the counter...oh and the fact that I'm a glutton for punishment. Not only did I start the day making chocolate chip pancakes for the kids, but I ended it by making brownies with add-ins from their Halloween candy stash. So this was my dinner on the left and their dessert on the right:


Needless to say, my dinner was not as satisfying. I've decided to ignore the hunger and drink my tea and go to bed early. It's only 3 days, right? Day one is in the bag.


Fill out my online form.
There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.

Comments

Popular Posts