And the challenge begins...

You can do anything for 3 days, right? That's what I'm telling myself. I mean, I tell my challengers all the time that we can do anything for 21 days (that's how long it takes to form a new habit.) So my being a bit scared of the 3-Day Refresh is wimpy, I know. But it's true! I'm a total carnivore and a recovering veggie-phobe. The idea of 3 days with no meat and all veggies and fruit is a little intimidating.


I still feel a little bit scarred by my foray into detoxes after doing the Ultimate Reset a little under two years ago. Don't get me wrong, it was an amazing body cleanse - I lost something like 10 lbs. in 3 weeks on it and definitely kicked my caffeine and sugar addictions - so it worked. But as someone who at that time wasn't a big veggie person, following a meal plan that called for veganism for 2 weeks was hard!

I've come a LONG way since then. I've adopted a clean eating lifestyle, I have a much better sense of balance when it comes to food and I know that I'm no longer sugar and caffeine addicted like I was before doing the Ultimate Reset. The week of headaches I suffered through as my body detoxed will no longer be the case. With that said, it's 3 days of no chicken, no turkey, no cheese, and even more so no vanilla almond milk!

But I keep returning to the fact that I know that I can do anything for 3 days. I mean I've trained my body to get up at 4:15 AM for goodness sake! I can do this.

Why am I doing this you may ask? Well, I have a bunch of friends and fellow coaches who are doing it this week. It's not like I've been a saint food-wise this week/end what with all of the Halloween sugar temptations around. I also just posted the other day about my quest for abs and a bikini-confident self by Thanksgiving. The Refresh is also on sale through Beachbody this month so it's perfectly timed to help combat the holiday gluttony and the ensuing bloat. So I say, why not? BRING IT ON!

Here we go...

The fear that I have is not adequately conveyed in this picture.


The box looks benign but is it?


 What's inside you ask? Well, 3 days worth of Shakeology, 3 days of a lovely sounding drink called "Fiber Sweep" (oh lord!) and 3 days worth of 2 "Vanilla Fresh" shakes a day. What I've heard on the street is that it's a mixed bag about whether folks like the taste of the fiber sweep and vanilla drink. Here's hoping! When we did the Ultimate Reset I gagged down the fiber drink each day as fast as I could, while Andrew thought it tasted like iced tea. To each their own, right? I'm hoping for ice tea again here.


What's my day going to look like in a nut shell? Here you go:


So here we go. Here's to new adventures and overcoming fears. I'll see you on the other side with an update on my results!

If you're curious about the Refresh or are interested in talking more about what it involves get in touch!

Comments

Popular Posts