The 3-day Refresh - the lowdown day 2

I woke up this morning feeling pretty good, which after falling asleep hungry, was a pleasant surprise. I'm down 2 lbs which is crazy but is probably part water weight (despite my drinking close to a gallon of water yesterday) and part my eating a lot less food than usual.

I was a little worried that my energy would be too low to workout but that totally wasn't an issue. I did wake up a little more sluggish than usual but I chalk that up to the time change and not the Refresh.


BREAKFAST: SHAKEOLOGY & FRUIT

Not bad and honestly, pretty darn close to my regular breakfast (without the added fruit & almond milk in my shake.) Feeling pretty good after my breakfast and a little less bloated overall which is great.

MID-MORNING FIBER SWEEP:

Still just as gross as yesterday but as long as you chug it, it's totally do-able. I also went with a little less water than yesterday which made it much more palatable (less to get down!)

LUNCH: VANILLA FRESH, FRUIT, HEALTHY FAT & VEGETABLE

I am definitely ready for lunch today. I usually eat every 2-3 hours so the fiber sweep just doesn't cut it in the way of a snack. I'm ready to eat! Like yesterday, I decided I would rather eat my fruit than drink it (plus I'm at work and without my trusty Ninja so blending isn't really an option.) So lunch for me today is my Vanilla Fresh shaken with water, 1/2 c. frozen mango (LOVE!), and some roasted beets with olive oil (made last night.) Not a bad lunch at all. Just a little on the smaller side than I'd normally like. Again, really wanting some chicken... I can do it though!



AFTERNOON SNACK: VEGETABLE & HEALTHY FRUIT

I want to like raw vegetables. I really do. But I honestly just can't get on board for them. It's totally not a veggie thing - I'll eat most veggies cooked. It's just the raw thing that I kind of can't get over. With that said, snack was 10 snow peas and hummus and more water. A totally adequate snack all in all if you can get past the uncooked snow peas part of it. ;)



DINNER: VANILLA FRESH, VEGETABLE & HEALTHY FAT


So I was a little less than excited for dinner after last night's lackluster meal (again, totally the case of me missing my precious dinner star, chicken.) We decided to switch it up and instead of the asparagus with sliced almonds, did broccolini with sliced almonds. Totally yummy and enough food with the shake. I am feeling MUCH better than I was this time yesterday which is great. It probably helps that I know I only have one more day. 3 days is TOTALLY manageable. 

Now to get the kids' snacks and bags packed for tomorrow and everyone off to bed before my PM tea and tv break. 

Another upside to this Refresh? I don't have to meal prep! I usually prep dinner the night before which makes the post-dinner time period a little more hectic. It's totally worth it to save time on the other end of the day (no one wants to deal with the "what should we make for dinner?" question when you walk in the door with hungry little people) but it is a commitment for sure. For these 3 days, I'm relishing in the no food prep aspect of my life. 

BRING ON DAY 3!!!

If you're feeling inspired by my review, are feeling bloated, icky, sugar or caffeine-addicted and are considering trying it for yourself, or are just looking for more information, please fill out the form below. I'd love to help support you in whatever your health and fitness goals are. Let me know!

Fill out my online form.
There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.

Comments

Popular Posts