Getting myself beach ready

Ok, spring is kind of in the air. Well, it would be if there wasn't still feet of snow on the ground. Parker today looked out at our backyard and exclaimed in despair that we were going to have snow on the ground for 800 more days. Maybe not 800 but it certainly feels that way sometimes. I'm choosing to focus on the positive though. It was warm(ish) this week. We saw sun. I rejected the cold and wore dresses and skirts 3/4 days this week. Yes, I do hope that my optimism will have some sort of positive impact on Mother Nature. Work with me here, people.

So in the spirit of spring, I'm getting my butt in gear and looking ahead. No, I have no fun vacation plans in my future, no exciting April break travel plans. But I do have an amazing pool that is currently hidden under the many inches of snow in my backyard. Some day that pool will exist again and I'm going to be bathing suit ready. 
What, this wasn't what Autumn
meant the yellow Fix container
to be used for?

I did the unthinkable and broke out the bathing suit this week. At the moment, the picture wasn't pretty. I won't lie, it's better than it was last year at this time but it's not where I want to be. Part of it's the pasty horror that is winter skin in a bathing suit (no wonder bikini competitors spray tan!) but it's also the long winter and occasional treats gone to my hips. 

So I'm recommitting and am gearing up for spring. Bathing suit season. Healthier fresh fruits that actually taste like they're supposed to taste. Sun!




What's my plan?

  • Well, I have an energetic group of challengers ready to go this week so I'm joining them and kicking off my own 30 day attempt to get my body and booty ready for that pool. 
  • I'm making my own plan for the next 30 days - a hybrid of sorts of my 2 favorite programs (Body Beast and Insanity Max 30) and taking advantage of my new Beachbody On Demand to dip into the expertise of Leandro Carvalho and his Brazil Butt Lift. I'm going to sweat, lift and tighten for the next month so that come 30 days from now, that bikini won't be quite as horrifying. Yes, I'll still be pasty but at least more ready to confidently strut my glowing white skin out by my pool.
  • I'm also tightening up my nutrition and am sticking with the 21 Day Fix meal plan system. I'm still not 100% on using the containers to measure but I'm ok with that. I feel like my portions are pretty solidly in check so for me it's more about balance and making sure that I have the proper balance of food groups. I know myself and my love of all things fruit and carb so the Fix totally helps me stay in check with that. I know that I need way more veggies and protein in my diet than I would ordinarily gravitate towards when I don't plan so I'm using the Fix to keep me in line.


Here's my plan for the week:



Food is prepped!
Starting pictures taken!
Ready to go!
















If you're interested in getting your booty bathing suit ready and want to join me, I'd love the company! I have a great group of challengers starting out this week and we could handle a few more motivated folks to join us. Message me on FB or fill out the application below for details!

Fill out my online form.
Use Wufoo integrations and get your data to your favorite apps.

Comments

  1. Nice post! Very informational and knowledgeable. I will expect more from you in the future.
    Fitness Model at Workout Music Motivation videos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your article is very useful. Help me with much information and experience life.
    Cook at healthy smoothie ideas foods

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts