21 Day Fix Extreme Recap

I'm a graduate! Woo hoo!

3 weeks of the 21 Day Extreme Fix and I'm ready to give you the low-down on the program.



So how'd I make out?
  • I'm feeling stronger (thanks to upping my weights a little week to week)
  • I wasn't looking to lose weight, but I definitely feel more lean and based on the measurements, lost about 3" all around which is pretty great for 3 weeks work
  • I've been reminded that my ideal program is a combination of cardio and weights.
  • I finally made a pretty decent go of those darned containers. While I was definitely not perfect every day, I can say that I nailed it completely for one week and was pretty much on track 75% of the time the other 2 weeks which I'm ok with. I have learned to use the containers as a guide in terms of my food groups each day but where I struggle a little is in using them for portion control. Because I'm not really looking to lose, I do take it easier on myself when it comes to using the containers for portion control. I am gearing up for another round of Insanity Max 30 now though which also uses the containers so I'm committed to nailing it a little more closely this 2nd time around.
Breakfast, 21DFX style


If you're curious about whether the Fix is for you, here's what you need to know:

The meal plan, like the Fix is easy to follow and offers 2 levels of meal planning options. The Countdown to Competition plan, which is what Autumn Calabrese uses to prep for the stage, and the Fix Extreme plan, which is essentially the same as the regular 21 Day Fix with some modifications (less fruit and starches - my 2 favorite colors, purple and yellow!) Here was one of my meal plans:



The workouts are more intense. They're still 30 minutes like the 21 Day Fix, however, they definitely require a base level of fitness. There is a modifier but if you're used to Kat, the modifier in the 21 Day Fix, you're going to be somewhat disappointed. The modifier in Extreme modifies but not nearly to the extent that you would need if you're first starting out.

You are using weights throughout the workouts, so your heart rate is constantly climbing, which also means a longer lasting caloric burn (think your body's still burning calories long after your workout is done!) For most of the workouts, I use 10-15 lb dumbbells. I also use resistance bands.


Family 21DFX Yoga
The workout schedule plans for 7 days of workouts a week: 
Monday:  Plyo Fix Extreme
Tuesday:  Upper Fix Extreme
Wednesday:  Pilates Extreme
Thursday:  Lower Fix Extreme
Friday:  Cardio Fix Extreme
Saturday:  Dirty 30 Fix Extreme

Sunday:  Yoga Fix Extreme


And, if you buy Fix Extreme through a Team Beachbody coach like myself, you also get a bonus dvd called "The Fix Challenge" which is this amazing, low impact body weight workout. We did it this week at work with our Fit Club and people were still talking about their abs hurting 3 days later.

You have to drink lots and lots of water. At least 1/2 of your body weight in ounces. In that first week, when your body is detoxing and adjusting, you will feel more cranky and sore. Water's where it's at. It'll help you feel full longer and help make that skin clear and healthy.

Meal planning and prep is key. You don't need to be fancy in your meals, and in fact, with the Fix, simple is better, easier to calculate and measure. But I've found the key to success is found in planning out your menu so you can balance out your colors over the course of the day or week.


Fix approved dinner - 1 red, 1 green, 2 yellows
Don't despair if it takes you 1-2 weeks to get the hang of it. As is true with any program, the first time you do a workout, you're spending a huge part of your energy focused on learning the moves and less time on getting the most out of your body. Realize that most people who do the Fix or Fix Extreme are in it for at least 2 rounds before looking at trying something new. The cool thing is that even when you do get to that place, you can try out a new workout and stick with what you've learned in the meal planning. 



That's my plan for the week - to go back for more and start up with round 2. The major difference is thatI'm going back for another round of Insanity Max 30 and partnering it with Body Beast. I love that Shaun T. intensity and I also love that Max 30 also uses those containers for its meal plan too. So I'm going to really focus on my nutrition over the next few weeks. Those containers will not get the best of me!

Here's my plan for this week:





If you're interested in trying the 21 Day Fix or another Beachbody program, consider joining me! I still have a few spots in my next busy women's group and I'd love to support you in whatever way that I can! 


Fill out my online form.
Use Wufoo integrations and get your data to your favorite apps.

Comments

  1. I like your post. This post really awesome and very helpful to me. Please keep posting good contents. Thank you.
    Fitness Model at Workout Music Motivation videos.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts