Gluten-free Oatmeal Cranberry Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies

So first off, I've got to confess that I have a baking problem. It's my therapy of sorts. I bake when I'm stressed, hungry, happy, you name it. 

Today's baking project was cookies. I was talking to one of my students yesterday and she was raving about some cookies her mom brought home and the combo sounded amazing - dark chocolate chips, oatmeal and cranberries. It would have been a crime NOT to try to come up with my own healthified version to share. And the weather gods conspired to make it happen with today's surprise snow day. 3 attempts later and I have a winner. Healthy, gluten-free and perfect with a cup of tea!

* These are easily adapted to fit your tastes. Swap out the chocolate & cranberries for raisins if you'd like to go more traditional or throw in some chopped walnuts if you're a nut-lover. Whatever you do to spice these babies up, enjoy!

Gluten-free Oatmeal Cranberry Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients
1 1/2 c. rolled oats
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
4 Tbls brown sugar
2 Tbls white sugar 
3 Tbls dark chocolate chips, chopped
3 Tbls cranberries, chopped
2 Tbls coconut oil 
2-4 Tbls milk of choice  (start with 2 Tbls and add as needed) (I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)

Directions

1. Add first 5 ingredients together in a food processor or blender and blend into a flour. (I used my Ninja.) 

2. Mix oat mixture with other ingredients. Batter should be a little sticky. If you overdo it with the milk just add a little bit of oats to even it out.

3. Form the dough into teaspoon sized cookies, and place on a silpat mat or greased cookie sheet. Cook 6-7 minutes at 375 F. The recipe yields around 12-14 cookies. If you have self-control (I don't always when it comes to cookies), double the recipe!

Comments

Popular Posts