Insanity Max 30 - month 1 progress update

So month 1 is complete! I can't quite believe that I've already done 4 weeks of this program. I think that is in large part because I'm enjoying it so much that it seems to be flying by. Each day is different and I've always got that built in motivation to best my previous week's Max Out time.

If you missed my previous posts and aren't sure what Max 30 is, check out this post for the low-down on Max 30.



So what do I think of Max 30 after 4 weeks? I'M IN LOVE! 

I love that it's a race against yourself. The people in the video are all maxing out at different times which makes you feel better about when you need to finally give in and max out. I'm usually not the first and that feels good. Beyond that, this program is well-suited to me or anyone who's got a stubborn streak. I'll be damned if I'm going to let myself max out any earlier than I did the last time I did the workout. Instead, I find I'm pushing myself a little harder, squating a bit lower, and pushing myself to get down there for those diamond push-ups all in the name of self-improvement.





I'm stubborn and not using the modifier a lot, but s/he's there on screen the whole time if you need one. I run a twice weekly Fit Club after school with the staff at my school. This month, we did a few of Max30 workouts with Fit Club and all were able to do them. Some needed the modifier but that's what s/he's there for! While this is more challenging than T25, it's do-able as long as you give it what you can.


I can see real progress in my endurance. This week I did T25 after many weeks away from it. Instead of gasping for air and feeling like my legs were going to give out, I found that I was able to push harder and for much longer and with greater ease than the last time I did the workout. I could feel a noticeable difference in my fitness from the last time I'd done a T25 workout which is saying something since I've done T25 through twice!

I can see and feel my body changing. I don't have weight I want to lose so really for me it's more about being fit, toning up and getting my body moving. My legs are leaning out, my arms are a little more ripped and I can definitely see more definition in my abs. Beyond that I feel strong!
Here's what month 1 looked like:

I probably should be nervous about month 2 but I'm excited. I can feel how much stronger I'm getting after just 4 weeks - I can only imagine what another 4 weeks is going to do! Here's what's in store for me in month 2: 


Bring on week 5!!!











I'll post an update when I finish month 2.

If you've been thinking about giving Insanity Max 30 a try, let me know!

Comments

  1. I have read your article, it is rewarding and gives me a lot of practical information.
    Cook at quick smoothie recipes foods.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts