Transformation stories

We all have that vision in our heads of what we want our bodies to look and feel like. It's nearly impossible in the media-saturated world in which live to not feel uncomfortable about our bodies at some point in the day. We're surrounded by beautiful, fit, thin, young people everywhere we look. Turn on the tv, flip through a magazine at the newsstand, or scroll through your Instagram or Pinterest feed and it's one picture after another of skinny, seemingly happy people staring back at you.

My fitness inspiration: Amy 
Jo Horvath, NPC
competitor & mom of 4.
Heck, I'm in the best shape of my life and I still have days when I don't like how my pants fit or where I look at my stomach and wonder why I can't have abs like some of the women in my workout videos. But then I remind myself that it's a process.

Before I started this process I was feeling shlumpy and wasn't sure I could ever get to where I wanted to be. That didn't stop me from dreaming about the body or life that I wanted. When I joined my first challenge group one of the first assignments was to post a picture of our dream body - it could be our own that we were trying to get back to or someone else's who were aspired to look like. My motivation was this:

Yes, we live in a very body-conscious world where our vision of beauty is clearly defined in the media. It's hard not to at some point feel like you are less than and that you don't and will never measure up. I've been there and it's a demoralizing place to be in. I'm there a lot less often now since finally taking control of my health and making the decision to take a leap of faith.
It was when I was in this low place that I "found" Insanity. I was sick of feeling gross about my body, the negative self-talk was demoralizing and I wanted a change but was scared of trying and failing again. After watching what seemed like an hour+ of transformation stories on YouTube, I finally decided to bite the bullet and try Insanity. I've had my ups and down since then but I've never looked back on the process and regretted it. 

It's normal to want to feel better and to live a healthier life. It's ok to want more for yourself. For me, it was that discomfort that finally compelled me to do something about it. It made it possible for me to finally feel like I had nothing to lose by trying. Making a change can be motivated by any number of things: fear, frustration, hope, faith, determination, etc.. Whatever your motivator, you have nothing to lose in trying other than your ego and if that itself is what's stopping you, it's your call what you're going to let rule your life - fear or determination. If you're anything like me, try to tap into both and use them as a reason to take that leap of faith. 
If you need some inspiration, check out the real people below. They're all members of my coaching team who started out as customers. They all wanted to make a change and did it with the help of Beachbody programs. Their stories are all different but their commonality is that they committed and aren't looking back. 






If you're ready to make a change and want to take that leap of faith, I would love to help you figure out what that's going to look like for you and support you along the way. Please fill out the informational form below for details about one of my upcoming accountability groups or for one-on-one coaching. 


Fill out my online form.
There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.

Comments

  1. 24-hour access performance based club. For those interested in Personal Training in Downtown Nashville Tennessee, GoPerformance.com offers Personalized and Group Training with an emphasis in Strength and Conditioning. In addition to 24-Hr Membership and Personal Training services, GoPerformance is unique also an official CrossFit affiliate. Gyms Downtown Nashville

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first several months of my site there were no comments; just give it time; now they come in like crazy every day! Thanks.
    Fitness Model at Workout Music Motivation videos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the gym. because it's good for your health if sustained bear.
    Cook at healthy smoothie ideas foods.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts