Take a Leap of Faith for the Fall

Happy fall to you all! The leaves are starting to turn, we've done our annual pilgrimage to get pumpkins and apples and the weather's finally starting to shift. I even wore my flannel last week! 
With the weather shift I'm starting to plan for the coming months. I'm all about the holidays - so much good food and time with family but I also realize both can be distractions to me and if I'm not careful and mindful, I know I can get a little out of control. It certainly was my pattern for years. I'd eat my way through the holidays starting with Halloween and wouldn't ever really get back on the wagon until January 2nd. Well, 2 years ago I got sick of feeling sick, bloated and worn down after the holidays and I decided to do something to change that. I took a leap of faith and signed up for my very first challenge group. I had no idea what I was doing and wasn't even remotely sure it would work or that I'd be able to stick with it (I mean I'd tried a ton of things before and none ever really stuck for long) but I took that leap anyway. I was familiarly with the alternative and I didn't like it so I figured why not.

How'd that leap of faith turn out? Pretty darn amazing if you ask me. Yes, I dropped some weight and inches and for the first year probably ever, got myself through to New Years lighter than I was at Halloween. THAT alone was a victory. Beyond that though, I built confidence in myself - I learned that I COULD do this. The support of my coach and the group were what I needed and I will tell you, sometimes I leaned on them through the group and other times I was that quiet bystander. But either way, I took faith and encouragement from the fact that even when I was quiet, they were there, posting, working out, making healthy choices where they could and owning it when they struggled. And even when I was quiet because I'd fallen off the wagon or got busy at work or hadn't slept through the night because of the kids or because I'd skipped a few workouts, my coach was there, checking in with me offline to make sure I was hanging in there. THAT'S what I needed - acceptance, support and a coach/group to meet me where I was at. The rest is history...sort of.

Here we are 2 years later and I'm working as hard as I can every day to stay on track in my own health and fitness but I'm also paying it forward. I needed that support and I still do. It may take a slightly different form for me now than it did 2 years ago but it's still support. I'm here for you and I'll meet you where you're at. You tell me what you need.

Here's what I have going on over the next few weeks - hopefully something will catch your fancy and if it doesn't and you need something else, just let me know. I'm here!

What's on tap for October and November you ask? Well...

30 Day Fall Partner's Challenge (starts pre-season Monday, October 19th)

Inline image 1
We all know it's easier to do something with support and the same is true of health and fitness. That's why these groups work! So this month I'm taking it a step further. I'll be there for you to support and motivate you, as will the rest of the group. What's different though is I'm encouraging everyone to bring along a friend, partner, buddy, or co-worker. You pick your partner and together we'll all keep each other motivated. You'll have your virtual support from the group but also your personal support of your friend. There's no such thing as too much support, right? ;)

Just like any other group, we'll spend 30 days working on eating healthy (including drinking Shakeology) and getting those workouts in. The 21 Day Fix is on sale this month so that may be a great option for those who are time crunched and struggling to nail their nutrition but really any program is an option. I'll work with you to help figure out a plan that meets your goals and needs. 

Grab a friend and let me know if you want me to hold a spot for you!

Halloween Detox Group (starts pre-season Monday Nov. 2nd)

Inline image 4
You've probably seen my occasional updates about the 3 Day Refresh but I'm completely sold. It's not one of those crazy juice-only cleanses. It's only 3 days of 2 shakes a day and real, healthy, delicious food and healthy fats to keep you fueled while ditching the toxins and processed treats we all too often fall victim to. Especially after the sugared up Halloween treats, this is a must to start Nov. off strong. 

Join me for a 30 day Shakeology and clean eating group (workouts are optional but always a plus) and let's get you into a good rhythm before the holiday madness kicks in and you eat yourself into oblivion. We'll kick off with a 3 Day Refresh and then roll into some healthy eating for the rest of the month. Why roll from one sugary holiday into the next? Instead let's lose a turkey before turkey day!

60 Day Holiday Survival Group (starts pre-season Monday, Nov. 9th)
Inline image 5

This group will get you through all of those hiccups coming down the pike, first with Thanksgiving and then with all of those holiday parties, family celebrations and New Years. It's all about proper nutrition, efficient and calorie/fat scorching workouts, and most importantly, BALANCE. You do not have to starve yourself or miss out on good eats with your family or a toast with your friends. Instead we'll work on developing healthy habits so that you're better able to enjoy those treats in moderation and not feel guilty for the indulgences. 

Yes, you could wait until New Years to start but why wait? Just think of how much easier it'll be to get to where you want to be if you make a choice NOT to pack on 5-10 lbs between now and the New Year. The decision is yours!

3 Day What is Coaching? Sneak Peek (starts Monday, Oct. 26th)

Inline image 6
Curious about coaching? Maybe you've been watching me and wondering what the heck it is that I do. Over this 3 day group I'll answer all your questions. 
How do I make money? 
How do you build a business when you don't want to do sales? 
Can you do this if social media isn't your thing? 
What's the time commitment like? 
Can you do this while working another job? 
What kind of support and training can you expect from me if you decide to coach?

There's no obligation at all, this is an informational. I'll post/share and you read and ask away. Let me know if you want to jump in or if you think you have a friend who might be interested, feel free to pass my info along.

November Coach Apprenticeship Program (starts Monday, Nov. 2nd)

Inline image 7
Want to earn some extra cash for the holidays? 
Are you looking for a way to keep yourself accountable to your own health goals? 
Do you like the idea helping your friends while also getting some support yourself? 
Are you looking ahead to the New Year and wishing you could make a change in your life or career?
Let's talk! 

I have room for 5 hard-working, driven people for me to mentor in next month's coach apprenticeship program. I limit the size of these groups for a reason - I personally mentor and train all of my coaches and I want to make sure I can give you the attention you need and deserve. I'm a teacher after all so this is where my profession and my passion meet and class size does matter! If you give me a month, I'll teach you the ropes, provide you with support as a coach and challenger and we'll get you set up to earn some extra money for the holidays - what better way to end the year! 

Do you want more info on any of these groups? Drop me a line, give me a call or FB message me and I'll get you the info! 

Also, if we're not yet connected on Facebook, feel free to friend me for healthy recipes, daily tips and motivation and information on upcoming groups. https://www.facebook.com/melisa.shen  

Have a great week!

Fill out my online form.
Use Wufoo templates to make your own HTML forms.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts