Halloween Recovery with "No Gain November"

So I'm a big proponent of the 80/20 rule. I try my best to eat healthy and clean 80% of the time and enjoy myself in moderation the other 20% of the time. 

Well, I'm usually pretty good at following that ratio. Yesterday though was probably a little closer to 60/40. 

I started off strong, got in a good workout and ate healthy most of the day but then out came the candy bowls and I'm not going to lie, I had a little too much fun with those fun sized Milky Ways. 



I'm not feeling guilty about it though. While on one side I wish I hadn't eaten all of that sugar (and I was definitely feeling it at bedtime - ick!), instead of beating myself up about it, I chugged close to a gallon of water before bed and laid out my workout clothes for the AM. 

Sometimes we're going to have those cheat days, those days when we're a little closer to 60/40 than the 80/20 we strive for, and that's ok. Life's about living in moderation and picking yourself back up when you fall, right?

And that's just what I'm doing! I'm starting today off with a good workout, my Shakeology (what better way to kick those sugar cravings to the curb?) and a clean slate. I'm setting my sights forward and not letting that leftover Halloween candy get the best of me. 

I had my splurge last night and I'm telling myself that I don't need anymore. I've learned that the mind is a powerful thing and when you can harness it for good, it'll be your best friend. No candy for this girl! 
And just in case that isn't enough, I've also ordered myself another 3 Day Refresh and I'm going to refresh again next week. I love the Refresh. I've done it now 4 times and each time I end those 3 days feeling more alert, lighter and less bloated, definitely the way I want to usher in the holiday season! 

This week will be week 2 of the 21 Day Fix Extreme and I'm determined to stick to my containers, stay hydrated and on track. I've got my challengers for support and would love more of it.

What about you? What's your plan to get back/stay on track this month? 

DON'T choose to go this route!

And instead, if your home looks anything like mine, with bowls of candy sitting around calling to you, you should definitely join us this month and we'll help steel that willpower for you! 

YOU GAME? 

Halloween Detox Group (starts pre-season Monday Nov. 2nd)

Inline image 4


You are definitely not alone if you overdid it with the sugary treats this past weekend. I'm feeling it today for sure! Sugar does not do good things for my body or my willpower so this week and this group is all about getting back on track for the month ahead. 

Join me for a 30 day Shakeology and clean eating group (workouts are optional but always a plus) and let's get you into a good rhythm before the holiday madness kicks in and you eat yourself into oblivion. We'll kick off with a 3 Day Refresh and then roll into some healthy eating for the rest of the month. You've probably seen my occasional updates about the 3-Day Refresh but I'm completely hooked. It's not one of those crazy juice-only cleanses. It's 3 days of 2 shakes a day and real, healthy, delicious food and healthy fats  on top of that to keep you fueled while ditching the toxins and processed treats we all too often fall victim to. Especially after the sugared up Halloween treats, this is a must to start Nov. off strong. I just ordered mine today and would love the company!

Join us for support, tips and tricks, and along the way get some new healthy recipes to bring to those parties and events. Why roll from one sugary holiday into the next? Instead, let's lose a turkey before turkey day!

60 Day Holiday Survival Group (starts pre-season Monday, Nov. 16th)
Inline image 5

This group will get you through all of those hiccups coming down the pike, first with Thanksgiving and then with all of those holiday parties, family celebrations and New Years. It's all about proper nutrition, efficient and calorie/fat scorching workouts, and most importantly, BALANCE. You do not have to starve yourself or miss out on good eats with your family or a toast with your friends. Instead we'll work on developing healthy habits so that you're better able to enjoy those treats in moderation and not feel guilty for the indulgences. 

Yes, you could wait until New Years to start but why wait? Just think of how much easier it'll be to get to where you want to be if you make a choice NOT to pack on 5-10 lbs between now and the New Year. The decision is yours!

November Coach Apprenticeship Program (starts Monday, Nov. 2nd)

Inline image 7
Want to earn some extra cash for the holidays? 
Are you looking for a way to keep yourself accountable to your own health goals? 
Do you like the idea helping your friends while also getting some support yourself? 
Are you looking ahead to the New Year and wishing you could make a change in your life or career?

Let's talk! 

I have room for 4 hard-working, driven people for me to mentor in next month's coach apprenticeship program. I limit the size of these groups for a reason - I personally mentor and train all of my coaches and I want to make sure I can give you the attention you need and deserve. I'm a teacher after all so this is where my profession and my passion meet and class size does matter! If you give me a month, I'll teach you the ropes, provide you with support as a coach and challenger and we'll get you set up to earn some extra money for the holidays - what better way to end the year! 

Do you want more info on any of these groups? Drop me a line, fill out the form below, give me a call or message me and I'll get you the info! 

Also, if we're not yet connected on Facebook, feel free to friend me for healthy recipes, daily tips and motivation and information on upcoming groups. https://www.facebook.com/melisa.shen  

Have a great week!

Fill out my online form.
Use Wufoo templates to make your own HTML forms.

Comments

  1. Posted here something which is really incredible for fitness and health. Thanks for sharing here about this really useful. Really a informative blog . Keep updating more like this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts