CROCKPOT CHALLENGE ROUND 2 - Day 2: Slow cooker pot roast

My mom and I were talking about pot roast this weekend so I had to make one. My kids are big meat-lovers so pot roast or any kind of roast is pretty much an instant hit in our house. Growing up, we very often did a big Sunday afternoon dinner so any time I make a roast it reminds me of those Sunday mid-day feasts.

Slow cooker pot roast:

Ingredients
1/4 c. unsalted butter
1/2 c. honey
1/2 c. red wine
1/2 c. low sodium soy sauce
1/4 c. lemon juice
2 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
2 tsp garlic powder
3-4 lbs rump or chuck roast
1 med. chopped onion

Directions

1. Place butter, honey, wine, soy sauce, lemon juice, mustard salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a small sauce pan and heat over medium heat. Whisk until butter is melted and mixture is smooth.



2. Place the roast in the slow cooker, add onion and pour the butter mixture over the top.



3. Cover the slow cooker and cook on low heat for 8 hours.


 

Comments

  1. I am very impressed with your post! Hope to see many such post from you soon!
    Fitness Model at Workout Music Motivation videos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many delicious dishes and I think will be very nutritious. I wish I was eating it.

    Cook at healthy smoothie ideas foods.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts