Hanging in there...by a thread

Ok, so I've been a little scarce lately and for that I apologize. I'm still here and kicking! Just busy. Super busy and trying to hold on to some semblance of sanity in this last month of the school year.

Between three kids in 6 sports, a (awesome) houseguest, end of the year parties/award nights, etc., it's been a lot. But we're still here and I'l still kicking. Oh, and just to make things a little more crazy, we're taking on a kitchen remodel this summer so my safe space that is stress baking/cooking is no longer. Instead, this is my new "kitchen" for the next 8 weeks:


And this is my old, 8 week from now to be kitchen:


So as you might imagine, things have been a little nuts. By the grace of Google calendar, a touch of OCD (Andrew would dispute the "touch" piece of that statement) and some well ingrained habits, I'm hanging in there.

I am super excited though because once we survive this week, I'm home free for the next 8 weeks! There are some serious perks to being a teacher, awesome students aside.

Yes, we have some chaos coming our way courtesy of construction and totally whackado kid schedules with camp, travel and the like but I'm excited to have a little more room to breathe. AND no more homework packets! That's victory alone!

We have one more week of crazy this week as we enter week 2 of our kitchen rehab. Week 1 I cooked once. Yes, you heard that right, once. I may have eaten Chipotle 3 times...well, more if you count the double I bought each time and used as lunch the next day. I read this story the other day about a guy who lived on Chipotle for a year, yes, a year, and I'll admit, I considered it. If only there weren't 4 other pesky people demanding diversity in their meals, it might happen.

So this week's mission is to cook 5 nights. It may be a touch ambitious but we're going with it. I'm also trying out some new recipes since our only appliance besides the fridge is the microwave and I object to microwave dinners. So grill we will! Here's our meal plan for the week (I'll admit that I skipped the whole written down meal plan last week which was a huge contributor to my haphazard dinner plan and some mindless snacking along the way.):


So meal plan is written and hung on the wall over our make-shift counter. Tonight's dinner is marinating and I'm ready to push play on my workout for today. Gotta start the week off right!

Stay tuned for some great grilling recipes coming your way in the next few weeks!

If you're looking to do the same and aren't so sure how to do that, join me for one of my groups that's kicking off this week! Check out this post for details on what's on tap for this month.

Here's to a great start to school vacation!

Comments

  1. Hi guys,
    Thank you so much for this wonderful article really!
    If someone want to know more about workout videos to do at home I think this is the right place for you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts