Getting healthy and fit for summer - Summer Bootcamp Edition

Summer’s almost here! The weather’s finally feeling summery, my kids are on full on count-down mode to summer break and I’m eagerly counting the days until spring sports wrap up. One of my kiddos is already home on break and the other 2 start their summer break tomorrow.
One part of me can’t wait to have life slow down for a few weeks and the other part of me is a little anxious about navigating the medley of camps, travel, BBQs and the lack of a set schedule. 

Oh, and to make things all the more crazy, we’ve taken on a kitchen remodel this summer so it means we’re eating out of a microwave and the grill for the next 8 weeks. Fun times happening in the Shen house!

Check out our new temporary kitchen         &             will one day be kitchen (8 wks from now)









Remodel aside, summer for a lot of people can be a more relaxing time - we all need a little change in pace and routine sometimes. It can also be a more challenging time to stay focused.

I know that I tend to do better at sticking to my health routine when my life has a routine and in the summer months, there often isn’t a daily normal so I need to CREATE my own normal in there.

Apprehensive as I may be feeling about the weeks to come, what I know will help me through it is staying consistent with the things that I do for myself, for my health, and for my sanity. What are those things? Making sure I’m getting in my workout daily, keeping that fridge loaded with healthy snack options like cleaned/cut veggies and fruit, and staying hydrated. Another constant source of support is my challenge groups and I’m pumped to kick off next week with my next crew of challengers! 

I have two groups coming up this month and I’d love to have you join me for either one. Last month’s crew was our most active, engaged group in a while and in spite of how busy they all were with work, demanding travel schedules, late night baseball games and kid sports, etc., these ladies COMMITTED, showed up each day and bought in to both being there for themselves and really contributing to the online group each day and let me tell you, I’m not alone in saying that when other people show up daily, it inspires you to do so too.

Here’s a smattering of the feedback from last month's challengers:
* I realized the importance of eating more but healthy throughout the day and water! It seems like such a small thing, but I think I was severely dehydrated before. Being reminded to drink water and make that a priority was very effective. And I could see results in my skin and overall health pretty quickly.
* I can see a marked change in habits including tightening up portions and making exercise part of the routine and non-optional.
* I learned to keep going no matter what obstacles come my way. It's better to pick up where I left off after a mistake regarding my eating.
* It was fun to check in with this group. I know I didn't post every day but I did read what others were doing and tried to comment often. It was nice not to be alone.
*The groups definitely help my focus--the groups that work best for me are the ones where multiple people participate and share their experiences. This was a great group!!!!! Even on my busiest days when I did not post you guys helped me just by reading your posts and comments.

Why does an accountability group make a difference, especially if it’s just online? I can tell you, if I haven’t fit in my workout but I log onto the group page and see a string of check-ins from folks about their workouts, I am so much more likely to do my own so that I’m not the only one who didn’t. While that may sound like peer pressure, its POSITIVE peer pressure accompanied by daily support (from me, as your coach, and the group) designed to help you reach whatever goals you set for yourself. You decide for yourself what you want to accomplish - whether it’s to lose 5 lbs, to feel more comfortable in your bathing suit, to start working out 4 mornings a week, to ditch the sugar or up your veggie intake, whatever it is, the group is there to support you in making it happen.

Sound interesting? If you’re anything like me, you know what failure looks like. I mean we’ve all tried diets, new workout programs, etc. and had that resolve go bust after a few days or weeks, right? So why, given those previous attempts and failures, should you/I then try something new? My reasoning? Hey, they were all virtual people anyway so I wouldn’t have to actually see them and feel judged if it didn’t workout, right? ;) I’ll tell you, I definitely was hesitant myself before trying my first group but I finally just decided that I had nothing to lose and did it. Ready to take the leap and give it a try?

How to Lose the Last 10 Lbs Summer Edition

Have you been holding on to that last 5-10 lbs for what seems like ages? Did the summer clothes seem to get a little more snug over the winter months? Do you have a wedding or vacation that you want to look and feel your best for? Or are you looking to finally kick some of those lingering bad habits once and for all? Well, if you’re 100% committed to eating clean, doing your daily workouts and showing up to get results, I’ll walk you through how to lose those last 10 lbs and share with you what it takes to keep it off.

The requirements for this group are that I be your coach, that you commit to a Beachbody fitness program and that you commit to replacing one meal a day with Shakeology for the duration of the 30 day group.

Fill out this application to join or if you want more info on the group.


Summer Bootcamp

Back by popular demand! Take advantage of Beachbody's June sale on the 21 Day Fix and 21 Day Fix Extreme or pick your own program and join us for a 30 day Summer Bootcamp group. 

Not sure this whole challenge group thing is for you? Iffy about the idea of a home workout? Why not give it a go for 30 days and test it out? You can do anything with support and if it's not your bag you're out nothing because all of Beacbbody's products (including the Shakeology!) are 100% refundable, no questions asked! So, give me a month and I'll give you support, accountability, tips on handling summer temptations (ice cream, BBQs, you name it), recipes you can bring to that summer pool party that appeal to normal people AND which support your health goals, tips for staying on track with your health/fitness while on vacation, and a chance to start off the summer feeling GOOD in your own skin, all while establishing some healthier, sustainable habits. This is NOT about diets that you abandon after a few weeks. This is about a SUSTAINABLE LIFESTYLE which you can make work in your life day in and day out.

Fill out this application to join or if you want more info on the group.

I hope you’re having a wonderful June and a great start to your summer! 

#summerstrong

Comments

  1. Your post is very interesting ! Thanks for your sharing
    Fitness Model at Workout Music Motivation videos.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts