Be careful or you'll eat them all berry scones

I love those happy experiments that turn out amazing! For some reason a Bethanny Frankel recipe for healthy scones popped up in my newsfeed the other day. Why Bethanny is making scones I don't know. Even more so why she's in my newsfeed I have no idea but the timing couldn't have been more perfect. Days before one of my challengers had shared a Rea Drummond blueberry scone recipe that she was wishing was clean. We pledged to try to healthify it to the best of our ability (stay tuned for that experiment!) in the meantime, this one is 100% worth making. Delicious, totally easy (I'm a big fan of any recipe that has the instructions of throw everything in a bowl all at once and mix.) Let me know what you think!

Ingredients:
2 c. oat flour
1/4 c. whole wheat flour
1/4 c. plus 3 Tbls. raw sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
4 Tbls coconut oil
1 mashed banana
1/2 c. unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/2 c. berries (optional)

Directions:

1. Add all ingredients (except berries) into a medium bowl. Mix until incorporated.


2. Fold in berries.


3. Place dough onto a floured surface and add flour until dough is slightly sticky to the touch but not so much so that it can't be handled. Pat into a large circle about an inch thick.

4. Transfer to cookie sheet (sprayed with cooking spray or covered with a Silpat) and use a knife to cut slices 3/4 of the way through the dough. Sprinkle lightly with raw sugar and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Remove from over and enjoy! Try not to eat them all! It was really, really hard not to...and I "might" have failed completely.

Comments

  1. This looks absolutely perfect. All these tiny details are made with lot of background

    knowledge. I like it a lot.

    TOSHIBA PVM-375AT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Food was delicious I think it would be very nutritious.
    Written and will help many people who have more knowledge than the food.
    Cook at easy smoothie recipes foods.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts