Second Chances (or 10th but who's counting?!) with the 21 Day Fix Extreme

I've failed so many times before that you'd think I'd stop trying. I've done 2 or 3 rounds of the 21 Day Fix. I rocked the workouts and I still do them weekly with our Fit Club at work. I loosely use the meal plan each week when I plan our menu. I have never, however, been successful at using those darn little portion controlled containers. I occasionally break them out as storage containers but more because they're cute than to really keep track of my portions.

Yes, I have failed before and yet I am trying yet again. I WILL conquer the Fix eating plan.

The snow, combined with the knowledge that Feb. break is right around the corner, did me in recently. I let up a bit on the reins and let go of my beloved routine on the weekends. I've had more time to prep so it's not been a Sunday affair as it typically is. I've let myself have more than my once a week cheat meal. I slacked a bit and slipped into a "well I don't need to lose" mentality that, while it may be true that I'm not looking to lose lbs., I do want to keep toning up and practicing what I preach to my challengers.

It's not like I've been a complete failure. I do realize this. I eat healthy. I abide by the 80/20 rule and eat healthy and clean 80% of the time and moderately the other 20%. I have adjusted my food to be better balanced in terms of food groups and nutrients since first trying the 21 Day Fix last year at this time. I have successfully shifted from a person who used to subsist almost entirely on fruit and carbs to someone who actually enjoys vegetables (cooked ones - there's not much I can do to make uncooked veggies palatable other than drown them in an unhealthy amount of peanut butter, hummus or guacamole!) But I have NOT ever been able to stick with the containers.

So after a weekend of eating a little too much, a few too many cheats, a bit too much rich food, and a snow day to start off the week, I'm definitely feeling it. I need to detox and get my mind back in the game. I was planning on waiting a week since I'm home on break next week but there's really no time like the present to start.

I have an amazing group of motivated women who starting out today on their journey and I'm joining them. Together we are going to work through the temptations, the challenges, and do our best to realize the results we want.

So I have a plan:
  • I started my day today with a snow day workout with my challengers and I'm going to end it with another just to clear my mind and get myself back in the game after a weekend off track. 
  • I have my menu made, my snacks packed for tomorrow and tomorrow night's dinner marinating in the fridge. 

  • I have the support of not one but TWO challenge groups - the ones I'm running and a coach exclusive one my coach, Melanie, is running. I love running groups but it's also nice to be a challenger again too. There's just something magical about accountability groups - we support and motivate each other and lift each other up when we need it. And I'm going to need it if I ever hope to make it through the next 21 days with those containers. 
So much of our habits are made through a strong mindset. If we believe that we can do it and tell ourselves that, we really can accomplish a lot. So instead of giving in and letting myself believe I will fail again, I'm telling myself that I WILL conquer this. I WILL stick to my meal plan. I WILL use the containers to measure my food. I will finish what I started a year ago.


As I tell my challengers, it takes 21 days to make or break a habit. I'm starting today so that 21 days from now I will be stronger, healthier and feeling proud of my accomplishments.

Day 1: 21DFX approved breakfast
If you're interested in joining me on this journey, I still have a few spots in my 21 day busy mom's group and another group starting up in 2 weeks. I'd love to support you in whatever way that I can! 


Fill out my online form.
Use Wufoo integrations and get your data to your favorite apps.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts