Build a Business & Live Life by Design

It's hard when you don't really know what you want to do with your life. When you feel like you should know or should be happy but aren't quite there. Or when you do know what you want but things just aren't falling into place for you yet. Maybe it's a matter of timing or the job market or where you're at in life. Whatever it is, that feeling of being a little lost is unsettling.


For a lot of people, that feeling of floating anchor-less hits in their twenties. 

For me it happened later. 


I always knew I wanted to be a teacher. I was that kid who played school for make-believe and always wanted to play the teacher. I was a little girl on a mission and after 20 years of telling my parents I wanted to teach, finally wore them down and took my first teaching job at the age of 24. Now, 14 years later, I'm still at that same job and loving it. Couldn't imagine my life to be any different. 


So how then can I empathize with the somewhat lost twenty-something? For me that sense of drifting anchor-less came with motherhood.  


Once I had kids I hated that I lost myself in the mix. But somehow in spite of going to work at a job that I love each day, I was still missing that thing that was mine and mine alone. I have a wonderful family and a great job but whenever anyone asked me what I did for fun or what did I have outside of work/home, I was at a loss. THAT was everything - there was nothing more to say. There were no hobbies to talk about - there just didn't seem to be the time or space for them in my life. That wasn't entirely true, which I see now, but there was nothing that was just mine, that made me personally fulfilled and that made me so happy that I couldn't wait to tell people about it. Until I finally took control of my health and fitness, joined a challenge group and eventually found my way to coaching. 


I realize my path isn't everyone's path but for me, finally getting my butt in shape and now helping others to do the same seems like something small but for me it's been huge. Why? 

  • Well, for one, I FEEL GOOD in my own skin. Yes, my pants fit better which is a big perk, but as any woman knows, the way you feel IN your clothes can make or break your mood and your whole day. How many of us know the feeling all too well of standing next to the closet changing your outfit 10 times before finally settling on something that feels ok but not great? I can't count the number of times I've done this. I've tried to explain this to Andrew but this is just one of the ways I think men and women are wired a little bit differently.  
  • Not only do I feel stronger and my clothes fit better, but I'm more confident. That may be a no-brainer but when you don't feel good about yourself, it shows in your attitude, actions and interactions. I know I exude a more positive attitude now than I did before I took control of my health.
  • I've fallen into a career that rewards me in so many ways: 
    • Financially: I am supplementing my income and earning enough each month to help cover our bills and pay for the extras that we want to do. Eventually, if I keep working at it, I know that I can grow this supplemental income into something that rivals my teaching salary, which would be HUGE for our family! What I also love is that I SET THE PACE. I make my own goals, decide my own hours, and decide when and how I want to put my foot on the gas or the brake.
    • Professionally: I'm being mentored and trained by the best of the best. My coach, Melanie, is currently the #1 coach in the business. Our team, the Dream Team, is also #1. So what does that mean on a practical level? I have a direct line to the best coach out there and her mission is to support me and my team in becoming the best coaches we can be. I have access to new coach trainings, sample scripts, leadership training, weekly team calls, resources and information from management, and support and mentoring at every level of the business. In the 5 months I've been doing this I have never felt like I didn't have the support I needed to grow this business in whatever way I wanted.
    • Personally: I'm meeting amazing, positive, empowered people who I never would have had the chance to meet had I not explored this opportunity. I've met these people in challenge groups, on my coaching team and in countless conversations with friends old and new and friends of friends. I've always been a bit of an introvert but coaching has helped to push me out of my shell in a way that while terrifying at times, has helped me to become a person that I really like and feel proud of.
I signed up to be a coach to help other people experience what I had experienced. 

I was definitely a little unsure of how I could make it work given my other commitments. I worried about balancing my family, a full-time job, and my own health with a start-up business but I wanted to give it a try. 


My husband was also a skeptic - if you know me you know that I'm that person that ALWAYS thinks I can do everything and while I often can, there's a ripple effect on the people around you when you bite off more than you can chew. We batted around the idea for a few months before I finally decided I wanted to give this a try. We agreed that we'd give it a go for 3 months and see where I was at at that point. 


So where did I start? I started building my business from home with the help of social media. I began sharing my story, posting motivational tips, sharing my favorite healthy recipes and tricks that helped me to stay on track and get fit. I started opening myself up and sharing my journey with others and before long people were coming to me asking me for advice. This was all I did and from there things took off. 


I started running online challenge groups to provide structure and support to my family and friends who were looking to make a positive change to their health/fitness. They began sending friends my way as well which helped me to grow my business further. 

I also started a workout club at work to help motivate people to get their workout in and it's become a fun way to interact with people who I don't often see every day and together we get a good sweat, have a laugh (often at our own expense!) and stay on track with our goals. 


How did I make it fit with my existing commitments? I already woke up early to workout, so I used some of that time to check in with my challenge groups and respond to emails. I spent a little of my lunch break at work listening to team calls and reading personal development. After my kids went to bed at night, I opened up my laptop and reached out to people, followed up with my challengers and joined in on team calls for support and to keep myself challenged and learning more about how to grow my business.


Now that I have the hang of challenge groups, I'm interested in helping others learn the ins and outs of the business and do the same thing I've done. I want to teach you how to build a business from the comfort of your home in whatever time you have each day. I'll show you how to earn an income at this, how to share your journey with others, and how to lead by example. 

If you're looking to supplement your income, pay down some of your debt, be your own boss and set your own hours, and create something that is yours and yours alone that you can take with you no matter where life takes you, coaching may just be for you. 


I am starting a small new coach mentoring group Monday, March 9th. I'm going to personally mentor a small group of women through a closed online group. We'll do 1-on-1 calls, weekly team calls, and daily interactions to start laying the foundations of a successful business that you can take with you anywhere. 

My goal is not to overwhelm you but rather to teach you how you can make this business work for you. Wherever you're at in life, I want to help you get started, learn how to manage your time and prioritize what is most important. I will show you how to grow this into a business that can supplement your income or even replace a salary or income from a job you'd someday like to change. You CAN make this business work while still leaving time for family, friends and yourself.



All you need for this mentoring program is a computer and you can do the rest from your bed, couch, or apartment. You will have access to all of my documents, scripts, guides, training videos, and myself if you join my team. I'm here to help you figure out how to make this business work for you. I want to teach you how to inspire others to lead a healthy life while still leaving time for yourself.


I completely understand being wary of taking on something new when life itself is a bit up in the air. This does require a bit of a leap of faith but I've taken that leap and can honestly say, you have nothing to lose. 

If you're interested in finding out more I'm running a 3 day email sneak peek next week. Message me or email me to get on the list (mkshen76@gmail.com)!
Maybe you aren't sure where you'll be in 6 months or you do know what you'll be doing but know that money is going to be tight and the bills are piling up. Maybe you are finally settling into a groove post-college that works for you but you've let your own health and fitness slip and are looking to get back on track and are interested in helping you friends do the same. No matter where you're at, I will help you figure out how to make this an opportunity that works for you wherever you're at in life.

Does this sound like something you might want to explore? Then I invite you to fill out the application below for more information about coaching on my team. I'll get in touch with you within 24 hours to answer any questions you have.

I'm only accepting 5 people into next month's new coach mentoring group so don't delay!


Fill out my online form.
HTML Forms powered by Wufoo.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts