Core de Force week 1: Kicking and Punching My Way Into the Holidays


After what feels like the longest week ever with that Monday sugar-coated holiday, I'm so beyond ready to kick myself out of this always tired, mindlessly eating rut and get back on track BEFORE the holiday.

I'm excited to be doing that with Beachbody's newest release, Core De Force.
This program is so totally outside of my wheelhouse. I'm a former cardio lover who's totally converted to weights. THIS - mixed martial arts - is so completely NOT something that this girl who has 2 left feet ever saw herself doing. In fact, I actually vowed not to do it when I first heard about it. It just didn't seem like my kind of workout. Too much jumping around, too many combinations to learn and add to that the fact that I feel stupid punching the air and you can see why I thought it wouldn't be my thing.

Well, fast forward a few months and a few trials of MMA Speed through Beachbody On Demand and I'm singing a different tune.

What changed?

Well, it doesn't actually require coordination. I'm living proof of that one. The moves are all broken down before the workout in a short instructional session and by the time you try them in the workout, it's pretty easy to follow along. Unlike some of our dance-based workouts where I still always felt like I was tripping over myself even after the breakdown, I was able to solidly follow along.

It's a good workout! Unlike some workouts where the moves actually got in my way and I found myself more frustrated than anything else, CDF has me dripping in sweat a few minutes in and happily sore within hours of finishing a workout. I speak from experience when I say that there's nothing more annoying than trying to get a good workout and being stopped by complicated choreography. I'm stubborn but even this stubborn girl has been known to turn off a workout after too many attempts to get the moves down. That is NOT at all the case with Core De Force. The move breakdown before and during the workout is enough instruction to help me master the moves and a good workout at the same time.

While I still feel a little silly punching the air (if I think about it), there's something to be said for a workout that not only breaks a good sweat but that also gives you an outlet for your stress. Maybe it's the timing with it being the holidays and the end of a busy fall, whatever it is though, there's something appealing about spending 30 minutes punching and kicking away my stress and doing it while tightening my core.
I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I'm more than a little anxious about the idea of trying to nail my nutrition in a month with tons of distractions. Food is my vice - between my love of cooking and the comfort that my brain associates with sitting down for a good meal with friends or rewarding myself with a sweet treat after a long day, I've got my work cut out for me but I know how to do it. I just need to buckle down and do it and thankfully, I've got a great support team of challengers who are doing it with me. While it's not going to be easy, we want to make a change and we have the tools and support to do it.

Step 1: meal plan ready
Step 2+ will happen once we're home from NY (shop, prep and get to bed early so I'm ready to tackle the week ahead)

Here's my week 1 plan. I'm on Plan A, which is the 1,200-1,499 calorie range which means I get 3 servings of greens, 2 carbs, 4 proteins, 2 fruits, and 1 serving of healthy fat and seeds each a day.
If you've been eating what you want and when you want as I have as of late it sounds intimidating but I've done this plan before and I know it works and that it actually is plenty of food so I won't be starving. I just need to count my containers and let the plan do its magic. Back on track and 30 days away from a killer core!

If you'd like to join us and make November a healthier month (scary as that may sound), please reach out!

We can always make room for another committed soul in either my Core De Force Test Group or my Healthy for the Holidays group. All you need is the desire for more and I'll give you the tools and support to make it happen!

Fill out the application below for to join either group or just to get more info on either:

Fill out my online form.
The easy to use Wufoo form builder helps you make forms easy, fast, and fun.

Comments

Popular Posts