Getting back in the swing of things - back to school style!


If you're anything like me, fall in your house is absolutely madness. The kids are adjusting to being back to school with homework, getting used to earlier bedtimes for everyone again, juggling the madness of 3 kids' soccer schedules, birthday parties, etc., Andrew and my own work ramping up, fitting in our earlier morning workouts, and all this while trying to maintain a shred of sanity. I'm tired just thinking about it.

Thankfully we still have 3 weeks before the madness begins again. And I know that we're luckier than some. I have the summers home to chill with the kids (well, more like find ways on the cheap to keep them entertained while everyone they know is in camp or on the Cape and try to make sure no one kills anyone.) I love my schedule and love that we get this 8 week hiatus from the insanity and frenetic pace of the school year. It's our time to relax, recharge and get ourselves psychologically prepared for the year ahead.

With that in mind, while I'm trying to relish the last few weeks of summer, I'm also getting into back-to-school mode. School supplies have been bought, backpacks have been picked out and are on order, back-to-school shopping is tomorrow (Woo hoo!!! My FAVORITE thing since it means new clothes for me too. :)) and I'm starting to consider doing some of the many things I put on my to-do list in June that I've successfully ignored all summer.

Along with this transition back in to fall is getting myself back into my old routine of getting up earlier to workout, starting to plan for my classes and making sure the freezer is stocked with easy weeknight dinner options. For me that means home-made tomato sauce, meatballs, stuffed pepper soup, and easy prepped crockpot dinners (see my recipe's tab for ideas) which I can throw into the crockpot in the morning before work and have ready to grab before heading out to soccer practice.
Sunday meal prep is a big part of setting
myself up for a successful week.

Keep checking back in as we creep closer to the fall and I'll be posting my weekly workouts and meal plans complete with recipes, pictures of the prep and the finished products, as well as tips for busy families like ours, easy-to-make recipes.






Comments

Popular Posts