21 Day Fix Approved Chocolate Mug Cake

This is my current reality ------------------------------------------------>

3 kids + an hour of trick or treating = TOO MUCH CANDY! And I love candy. I most definitely indulged on Halloween...maybe a little too much since when I woke up Sunday I felt like I quite literally had a sugar hangover. Since then, no candy! (I'm mentally flexing at that victory of willpower.)

What's been helping? Well, I've been channeling my desire to eat all things chocolate into healthier channels and here we find ourselves with this ridiculously simple and yet soooo good chocolate mug cake.

I've made a few mug cakes in my time and have never found one that wowed me. They're either too dry or not flavorful enough without massive amounts of ice cream or toppings and when you're trying not to blow your diet out of the water, that's just not what I need in my life. Enter this mug cake. A little slice of chocolatey, heavenly goodness AND it's actually healthy. 
If you've ever wished this to be true, you need to try this mug cake. Seriously. It's frickin' amazing.
Ingredients:

1 scoop Vegan chocolate Shakeology (I'm sure you could use regular or another flavor but really, why would you when chocolate is an option?)
1/4 tsp baking powder
pinch of sea salt
1 Tbls unsweetened cocoa powder
1 egg white
2 tsp honey
5 Tbls unsweetened vanilla almond milk
OPTIONAL: 2 tsp peanut butter

   Directions:

  1. Spray mug with coconut oil.
  2. In a small bowl, combine Shakeology, baking powder, sea salt and cocoa powder.
  3. Add egg white, honey and almond milk. Stir until fully combined.
  4. If you're adding peanut butter, add half of the batter to the bottom of the prepared mug. Drop 1 teaspoon of peanut butter in center of batter. Add remaining batter to the mug. (If you don't want to taint the chocolatey wonder that is this cake, just dump it all in at once.)
  5. Microwave times vary. Start with 1 minute, 30 seconds and add 10-second intervals until the desired cake consistence is achieved. My microwave took exactly 1 minute and 30 seconds but it'll vary based on your microwave and the mug itself.
  6. Remove from microwave and allow to cool in mug for 1 - 2 minutes.
  7. Remove from mug (or eat directly from it!) and drizzle with 1 teaspoon peanut butter. (OR add slice berries, sifted powdered sugar or vanilla Shakology, etc.)
  8. Devour!
    CONTAINER COUNT: 1 red, 2 teaspoons

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts