Banana Chocolate Chip Bread (GF)


I've tried a lot of banana bread recipes in my life but this is by far my favorite and I'll be honest, finding a good, gluten-free recipe is clutch. You don't need a lot of sugar because the ripe bananas bring the sweet and the yogurt keeps it moist and delicious.

Banana Chocolate Chip Bread

Makes 1 loaf 

Ingredients:
1 ½ c. gluten free flour
1 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp cinnamon
3 bananas, mashed (remember, the riper the sweeter!)
¼ c. pure maple syrup
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbls coconut oil
1 large egg
½ c. full fat plain Greek yogurt (Siggi’s is my personal favorite)
1 Tbls unsweetened almond milk
½ c. chocolate chips, plus more for sprinkling on top (OPTIONAL but honestly, why wouldn't you add chocolate?!)
OPTIONAL: 1 scoop of unflavored Collagen Peptides (hooray for happy skin/nails/hair)

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease loaf pan (I use coconut oil spray.)

2. Mix wet ingredients together until smooth.

3. Add flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and mix until just combined.

4. Fold in chocolate chips.

5. Pour into a pan & sprinkle extra chocolate chips on top (optional.)

6. Bake for 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Remember, under is generally tastier than over cooked -- the first time I made this I did 45 minutes and it was too dry.

7. Cool 10 minutes and then remove from pan and let cool completely.

Comments

Popular Posts