22 Minute Hard Corps - month 1 update

So it's taken me a bit longer than I would have liked to get this post up but last week was nuts with end of quarter stuff at work. So you get my month 1 review as I'm finishing week 5. It's all good though!

If you've been following my journey at all, I started 22 Minute Hard Corps a few weeks back. Check out the link if you want the low-down on what 22 Minute Hard Corps is. In a nut shell, it's a 22 minute long bootcamp style workout. You alternate between cardio and core one day and resistance the other day. In terms of equipment, all you need is some hand weights or a sandbag and a pull-up bar or resistance band for pull-ups. 



What appealed to me about 22 Minute Hard Corps? 

#1 The time. Not going to lie, that was the biggest draw. After a few months of 30-45 minute long workouts, the thought of being in and done in 22 minutes was a HUGE draw. This is our busiest time of year at work and at home so anything I can do to save time is a big win in my book. You're literally warmed up, worked out and cooled off in 22 minutes - there's seriously no beating that.


#2 The cardio. Much as I love my weights, sometimes I just need to get my heart rate racing. As we head back into spring and summer, the kids are outside more and I want to be able to keep up with them (who are we kidding? I want to be able to outrun them when challenged!) After a winter in bulky clothes, I also need something active to feel like I'm burning off the winter fluff.


How is it?


Well, when I started Hard Corps, I was coming off of about 3 months of mostly weights and not a lot of cardio. I was prepared to get my butt handed to me on a platter. I'll tell you, I was pleasantly surprised to find that week 1 & 2 weren't as ugly as I thought they would be.


I love the efficiency of the workout. 

  • All of the workouts are set up as a circuit where you move through 4-6 moves, take a 22 second break, and then you're back at it for 2 more rounds. 22 seconds rest is nothing but when you're trying to keep your heart rate up for maximum results in the shortest possible time, you make it work!
  • It's no-nonsense. There's no fancy moves and nothing I can't handle coordination-wise (even at 5AM which for me is always the test.)

The meal plan is simple and easy to follow. I've done the 21 Day Fix a bunch of times now and this works with the container system so it was an easy adjustment for me. 3 reds, 3 greens, 2 yellows...you get the idea. Measure it out and I'm good to go.






It's easy to measure your progress. Day 1 you take a fit test which measures how many push-ups, pull ups, etc. you can do in a fixed time and you retake that fit test after 60 days. I haven't retested yet but after moving our pull-up bar from our low-ceilinged basement up to our high ceilinged bedroom this week, I can really notice my progress on pull-ups. I barely need the pull-up assist for the first set which is huge for someone who couldn't do more than 2 pull-ups before.


What's next for me?

This week is week 6 for me and I'm excited to step it up a notch with my workouts. Now that I've done all of the workouts through at least a few times, the game becomes pushing myself harder and faster with each move. 


If you're interested in learning more about 22 Minute Hard Corps or want to know more about how I could support you with it, please reach out. I have an amazing group of challengers working through it right now and am starting up another group in the coming weeks. I'd love to have you join us!


If you do not currently work with a coach, please make me your FREE coach HERE.


Fill out my online form.
Use Wufoo integrations and get your data to your favorite apps.

Comments

Popular Posts