Back to school we go! (Survival tips for a busy week ahead)

Sometimes simple is best.

I'm my oftentimes my own worst enemy, thinking that more complicated or elaborate means better. When life is busy though what I need to remind myself is that it's better sometimes to just do what you need to do in order to get the job done.

The job for me this week is the transition back to work for me and school for the kids. It's a week of transition for us. Andrew's work is picking back up. The kids are going to be adjusting to getting up earlier, figuring out their new teachers' expectations, and I'm going to be back to my early (!) morning workout routine and the pace that comes with juggling more each day.

So simple is better in whatever areas we can find simple!

This week that means:

  • My meal plan is done and posted in the kitchen so I don't have to come home and figure out what to cook for dinner. I HATE walking in the door hungry and trying to figure out what to eat when everything is frozen and the take-out menus are calling my name.  
Trying my best to avoid this scenario!
  • I'm prepping my food for the week today as much as I can. Anything I can do to save time during the week is getting done today or after dinner is cleaned up during the week.
  • I'm repeating meals to simplify things. I've never been one for eating the same thing day in and day out but I know that that variety matters more to me at dinner than it does at other meals. So I'm repeating my snacks each day and mixing up lunch/dinner for the variety I know I need to not get bored. My morning shake is the same in that I always start my day with a shake but I switch it up by swapping in and out different fruit so it still feels different each day.
  • My workout is on the schedule so there's no guess work or will I or won't I questions. My workouts will happen and it's happening early, before life and the craziness of the day get in the way.
  • This weekend I'm getting done the house tasks that need to get done and ignoring the rest. BJs run? Must do (we need food!) Laundry? We've got enough to get us through the week. Painting our family room door? Sadly, a must that I ignored all summer. Sun and swim time? Must do - gotta go back to work relaxed and feeling like we had some rest this weekend and it's my reward for painting!

So here's our plan for the week:

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts