Insanity Max 30 - week 2 progress check

Two weeks of Insanity Max 30 are in the bag!

So what can I say about Max 30?

I'm a Shaun T. lover though so I'm a bit biased. I did Insanity first, then T25, and now Max 30 and I'm still just as in love with him as the day I started. Eye candy aside, he's a great trainer. Years of rowing has conditioned me to want a trainer to push me to work harder. I don't want a cheerleader - I want someone who can do the work along side me and motivate me to be better and do more. He does all of those things.

Beyond my love of all things Shaun T,
  • The workouts are challenging but do-able. Although my stubbornness will not allow me to follow the modifier, she's there on screen at all times if you need her.
  • I LOVE the 30 minute length. If anyone tells you that you can't get a good workout in 30 minutes, they're lying. I don't think I've burned less than 300 calories once in the 30 minutes since I started, which is pretty great.
  • The meal plan works (if you follow it!) They say that: 
  • It's a fact. If you follow the plan, you will see results. Don't believe me? Check out the results my coach vs. her husband have gotten with 7 weeks of Insanity Max 30 - one eating on plan, one eating off plan. As for me, I was great week 1, not as disciplined week 2 (hello Christmas week!) and am back on track for week 3 (my meal plan for week 3 is below.) I'll let you know how I make out after month 1. 
  • I love that the program is set up as a race against yourself. You're not logging reps or weight lifted but rather your max out time. How long can you push yourself until you max out (or have to take a break for water or form)? As I mentioned, I'm stubborn to a fault and I will not psychologically let myself max out until I beat the last week's time. This program is perfect for me! This stubborn streak means that I'm set up to make progress each week as long as I keep pushing myself harder for longer. Some weeks that means minutes, other weeks it means seconds.
At the moment, I've been had by those darned pop-up push-ups (a push-up where instead of a simple up down motion you pop-up and jump your body right and left with each push-up...yes, it's as insanely hard as it sounds. Do this once for 20 sec., do it again for 20 sec., and then add 2 more rounds of push-ups with a little hop in place to it and I'm toast.) Week 1 I think I did 2 pop-up push-ups before failing. Week 2 I made it through both sets of pop-ups before maxing out on the little hop push-ups. We'll see what I can push my body to do in week 3! 

I do see progress over the past 2 weeks. I haven't lost on the scale but I'm not really looking to see the scale move much. I'm happy where I'm at with my weight. Where I see the difference is in the number of reps I can do without stopping, with my ability to push myself further and longer all with good form. I also feel more lean - my arms are getting more defined, my legs are getting stronger, and hopefully with my new mats, my knees and joints a little happier!

I'm excited to see where weeks 3 and 4 get me. 

If you're interested in trying out Max 30 and want to come over for a workout, let me know. I'm always up for company!

Also, if you have questions about Max 30 or any other Beachbody programs and are interested in getting yourself set up for some healthier habits in the New Year, fill out the form below for more details on programs or my upcoming accountability groups.

Fill out my online form.
There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts