Turkey Meatloaf Muffins for Plain Eaters


Thanks to my friend and challenger, Kathleen for this one. A self-proclaimed member of the plain eaters club, she's taken one of my go-to favorites, turkey meatloaf muffins, and adapted it for folks who like their food a little more on the mild side. ;) 

These are a dinner favorite of mine and can easily be made in a full sized loaf if you prefer your childgood staple cleaned up a bit. I typically make them as my afternoon snack. I've learned the hard way after years of coming home ravenous and snacking my way through dinner prep that I NEED a heartier afternoon snack to tide me over to dinnertime. When I skip it, watch out world, I'm eating everything in sight!

Turkey Meatloaf Muffins for Plain Eaters (adapted from Melisa Nasella Shen’s recipe)

Ingredients
2c shredded zucchini (about 1 large zucchini)
Package of ground turkey
¼-½ cup diced onion (frozen)
Garlic powder (sprinkle on veggies and on mix)
1 tablespoon olive oil
¼ c egg white substitute (or a bit less)
¼ c water
½-1 teaspoon low sodium Worcestershire sauce
¼ teaspoon black pepper
¼ teaspoon salt
Sprinkle of dried thyme
¼ teaspoon yellow mustard powder
⅛ teaspoon ground cumin
¾ cup old fashioned oats
Optional: Ketchup for top (look at sugar content)

Directions:

1. 350 degrees preheat. Spray muffin tin

2. Saute veggies with olive oil until they begin to soften. Set aside to cool.

3. Mix turkey, spices, Worcestershire, oats, eggs, water (decide how much water and egg whites needed so it isn’t too dry or too watery)

4. Add the slightly cooled veggies and mix well

5. Scoop into muffin tins (an ice cream scoop works great). Optional: put ketchup on top at the start or halfway through cooking


6. Bake for 30 minutes. Eat or cool & freeze.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have graduation coming up on june 22....and i wana lose 10 pounds as fast as possible, I have tried starving myself, and have baskitball 1 a week, and swimming 2 times a week. still nothink is working. Does anyone have any ways i can lose this weight?!?!?
    fitness classes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jr, email me at mkshen76@gmail.com and let's talk! I would definitely never want to see you starving yourself - that's not going to do anything good for your body, especially if you're also working out. You need to feed yourself to fuel yourself in your workouts. If you're not eating your body will hold on to everything you put in it because it's in starvation mode. It's totally possible to lose 10 lbs in 2 months if you do it the healthy way - let's talk and figure out some options that work.

      Delete
  3. Hi I really appreciate all the great content you have here. I am glad I cam across it!
    Teen Orthodontics Richmond Hill

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted to thank you for this great blog! I really enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.
    eye doctor in memphis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Resources like the one you mentioned here will be very useful to me! I will post a link to this page on my blog.
    cost of implants

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi I really appreciate all the great content you have here. I am glad I cam across it!
    optical

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am undeniably thankful to you for providing us with this invaluable related information. My spouse and I are easily grateful, quite frankly the documents we needed.
    atlanta cpr classes

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a brilliant writing and very pleased to find this site. I couldn’t discover to much different information on your blog. I will surely be back again to look at some other important posts that you have in future.
    Utah Drug Treatment Center

    ReplyDelete
  9. your article is contain off interesting information. nice job.
    lawyers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi I really appreciate all the great content you have here. I am glad I cam across it!
    glasses

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love it and amazing information about the fitness and health it's really good and great information well done.
    pilates exercise program

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts