Chocolate Banana Muffins (paleo, grain-free, gluten-free)

Not only do my kids love anything in muffin form, but so do I. They're super easy make on the weekend for an easy to grab mid-week snack.

My current obsession is to find more grain-free and dairy-free recipes to add to my repertoire since my body seems to prefer them. This was my latest experiment and it's well worth sharing. Any recipe that uses ripe bananas is a-okay in my book and this adds in my other favorite, chocolate, so it's a winner.

Ingredients
2 super ripe bananas, mashed
1/3 c. honey
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
2 c. almond flour
3 Tbls coconut flour
1/3 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 c. semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips (dairy-free if necessary)

Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tin with 12 muffin liners. (Optional: spray liners with coconut oil spray.)

2. In a large mixing bowl, add mashed banana, honey and vanilla and mix until combined.

3. Add eggs & oil and stir until combined.

4. In a medium bowl, mix almond flour, coconut flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.

5. Add dry ingredients to the wet and stir until just combined. Do not overmix. Stir in chocolate chips.


6. Spoon the batter into the muffin liners. Bake for 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

7. Let the muffins cool for 5 minutes in the pan before removing and cooling on a wire rack. Place in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.

Comments

Popular Posts