Why coach?

It's HARD making a change and living a healthy, fit life when we're busy but it's worth it in so many ways. It's even harder to imagine how you could choose to ADD something to your plate and get so much value and reward from it that you welcome that added work.

It wasn't until I joined my first challenge group a year and a half ago, that I really figured out how to ditch the diets in favor of creating a lifestyle change. Before that I did what so many people do - I yo-yo dieted. I started when life permitted and stopped when life got crazy. I beat myself up for my shlumpy figure post-babies and remained dissatisfied...that is until I stumbled upon my coach's blog and read about her challenge groups.

A year and a half later, after a handful of groups with her and now a whole year of running my own groups, I can proudly say that I've finally lost the baby weight and learned how to eat clean and really make a lifestyle change that works for me, even with my crazy busy life. My coach, Melanie, supported me in doing that that and inspired by her, I decided to become a coach myself last summer.

Since becoming a coach, I've found the motivation and support to keep me moving on my own health/fitness path. Instead of falling off the wagon as I so often did before starting with Beachbody, I'm in a position now where a small slip is just that, a temporary slip. I pick myself up, dust myself off, share about it since I know I'm not alone in it and then get right back in there. I'm also happier, physically and emotionally healthier, my Lupus is in check, and after 30+ years I finally can say that I am comfortable in my own skin. Beyond the benefits for me, my family benefits from our healthier eating habits, having a more well-balanced mom/wife, and you can't put a price on the positive value of a healthy role model for our kids around how to make our health a priority.

How then does coaching come into that equation? With the support of my fellow coaches and challengers, I'm able to stay on track, to rally on the days when I am otherwise feeling unmotivated, and along the way, I lend support to others and get a sense of fulfillment knowing that with my help, they're better able to do the same. To sweeten the deal even more, I get paid to help my friends and family get fit - you can't beat that!

So you may be asking, what do I actually do as a coach? 

In a nutshell, I work with people to figure out what their goals are and then together we figure out a plan to get them there. Often that means coming up with a fitness program that meets people’s time constraints and which supports their individual goals. For others, it may mean help with meal planning, portion control, or finding ways to improve or meet their nutritional needs.  

Where the income comes in is that I make a commission off of anything people buy and I then CHOOSE to stay involved with people as their coach for as long as they want/need my support.

This may be an income opportunity but I chose to become a coach not to strike it rich but more because I truly believe that it is possible to live a healthy life and sometimes that requires a little more support than we can muster on our own.

How I provide that support is through monthly online accountability groups. The group and I are there as a source of support as they work through the challenges of developing and sustaining healthier eating/fitness habits. Offline I also check in with my challengers/customers to see how they're managing and provide whatever support I can to them.

I also post a lot of selfies. WAAAY more selfies than I would have ever thought I'd ever be comfortable posting. Why? I can tell you it's not because I always love how I look or because I think the world needs to see my smiling face every day.

The selfies are about a bunch of things.

#1 I want people to know that this isn't a scam, that I'm not a cheesy salesperson who's in it for a quick sale and who's then going to hightail it out of there.

#2 I am a product of these products. I got healthy with the help of Insanity and Shakeology and I'm choosing to stay healthy with these products.

#3 I know my way isn't for everyone and maybe you don't always want to see my pre- or post-workout selfies, read my blog posts, or see my posts about new support groups I'm running, but if I can be a positive model for someone/anyone to get out of bed and make a choice to have a healthier day, I'm happy.

So even if it doesn't look that way on the surface, this job is about more than just selfies. It's about my agreeing to put myself out there, to share my life and my journey with other people in the hopes that my posts and sharing helps to motivate, inspire, or buoy one person to press play, to make a change in their habits, to know that it's possible to live healthy even when you're crazy busy, to forgive themselves when they slip because we all do and to know that there's someone in their corner if they need someone.


So yes, it's a totally untraditional job. Yes, I do 90+% of it from home, sitting behind a computer screen but what I'm doing MATTERS. I'm helping people do something that is so important and yet so, so hard.

It may seem crazy and untraditional but I love it and I'd love to share more info with you if you're interested.

I'm running a 5 day sneak peek this week and would love to have you join me if you want to know more. 

All you need is 5 minutes a day and an open mind and I'll get your questions answered.

Over the 5 days we'll talk about:
- how to share your journey with people rather than selling them product
- how to build an income from home, starting in that first month
- how to start/build a business in only 30-60 minutes a day
- what kind of training and support you can expect from me should you decide to become a coach
- how to make this job work around your busy life


Want to join me? Message me on Facebook or shoot me an email and I'll get you added to the group!

Comments

  1. I have read your article, it is rewarding and gives me a lot of practical information.
    Cook at healthy smoothie recipes foods.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts