Back to School - goals and accountability

It's been a great summer with the perfect mix of downtime at home and family travel. While summer
felt long enough that transition back to school/work/sports is always tough after so many weeks with a slower pace. I won't lie, I'm definitely not excited for the frenetic energy that comes with 3 kids in sports, tutoring, homework, bedtimes, and my own work. I'm definitely a routine girl but if there was a way to hold onto the routine without the chaos of 5 people with busy schedules I'd be all for it. Barring any life altering magic, crazy is the name of the game this month.

My goal for the month is to do what I can to plan, prep AND take care of myself so I stay healthy, strong and sane.

Up first? Getting back to my meal planning and weekend food prepping. I rarely want to spend the time on the weekend but it always saves me mid-week so it's well worth it.

Also on tap, goal setting for the month!

My goals:

#1 SLEEP! I know I need more sleep than I typically get during the school year and even more so as I work through a bout of fatigue that's making me ready for bed before the kids. While I can't control when my lupus chooses to flare, I can give into it and read the signs my body is giving me. In this case, sleep! While I'm not always going to meet my goal, having one keeps me mindful and working at it.

I'm shooting for 8 hrs. of sleep a night. To help me get it, I've set my Fitbit to give me a half hour heads up to wind down before bedtime. I'm also trying to do some light yoga before bed most nights - while it doesn't always happen, when I'm frazzled and trying to unwind from a busy day it does relax me and slow me down enough so my brain stops racing and my body gets ready for sleep. I'm also laying my workout clothes out the night before so I can make the most of my in-bed time in the morning.

#2 BREATHE! Do you ever get to the end of the day and realize your shoulders are by your ears, you haven't really sat down much all day and you haven't really taken a good, relaxing deep breath since you woke up? That's me to a T when I'm not actively being mindful of breathing. I'm making it a habit to pause for 3 deep breaths every time I get in my car to go to work, come home from work, hop in bed and whenever I can sneak them in throughout the day. Little things but they help with my overall mood.

#3 MOVE for my sanity, stress relief and well-being. I typically choose a program and commit to seeing it through exactly as the workout calendar is laid out - what can I say, I'm a rule follower. 🤷🏻‍♀️ This month, my goal is simply to move 5 days a week. I'm not psyched to be starting back to work in a flare-up but with an auto-immune disease, you don't get to choose when your body flares. All I can do is take it easy, listen to my body and do my best to get sleep, eat low inflammatory foods, move when and how I feel able to and wait it out. Some days that move goal is going to mean yoga, and other days, when I'm up for it, cardio or weights.

No matter what, walking the crazy little puppy is going to have to be a goal lest she tear my house apart with too much energy! Any tips on labrador puppy rearing? I'm all ears!
Yes, that's our cute little
monster on the kitchen counter!


To help me make sure I'm honoring these goals I've set, I'm leaning on support from my Sept. online health group. There's still room to join if you have goals for the month and need a little support in sticking to them! We kick off tomorrow, Sept. 5th and would love to have you join us!

What's involved?

  • 30 day group
  • you choose your workout from hundreds of streaming options (plus you can take your workouts with you to the gym, stream them at home or on the road)
  • 30 day supply of a superfood dense protein shake perfect for those mornings on the run, an afternoon snack or nights at the soccer field
  • we'll share quick, healthy, easy recipes that not only fit your nutrition plan but that also pass the picky family test
  • tips for dealing with emotional eating, healthy swaps for those afternoon snack attacks or the late night munchies, restaurant tips, and more
  • support from me as your personal coach and group support from other women who are also working on being their own best selves too
Want to join us? Fill out the form below and I'll get back to asap!


Fill out my online form.
HTML Forms powered by Wufoo.

Comments

Popular Posts