Back on Track for 2017

It's been a rough month for a lot of us. I can't tell you how many people I've spoken to who are feeling like they let their health slip this holiday season. 

I definitely get it. While I did do my scheduled workouts, I most definitely slipped in the nutrition department over the past few weeks. There was more than one significant run-in with a batch of homemade fudge that really challenged me to put into practice all of the things I teach my clients around not treating yourself like a trash compactor, thinking before eating, and trying to break our dependance on food as comfort... Needless to say, I'm more than ready for the new year to be here if only for the return to routine. While I'm not looking forward to setting the alarm again (those late morning lie ins have been heavenly this past week!), I do know that I thrive on routine and routine is coming with the return to school & work whether I'm ready or not.

Andrew and I both need a reset as we head into the New Year so we've decided to do another round of Whole30. We did one together about 8 months ago and while it was challenging, we both felt great after we finished and we're looking to get back there again. Whole30 is not easy by any stretch of the imagination and I know it's not for everyone. Simply eating healthier, drinking more water and moving more may be enough for many of us to get back on track. In our case, we know we need the structure of something like Whole30 to keep us from cheating and to really get the hidden sugars and the empty carbs out of our home and system again. 

We officially start tomorrow. Andrew, bless him, has already started getting back on the nutrition wagon and is down 3 lbs. in 3 days simply by eating healthier and running every day. I wasn't ready to start until we head back to school. A last hurrah in the form of pizza will be happening tonight in my honor. The kids are psyched since even though they're not doing Whole30 with us, they know from our last round, they're going to be eating healthier as a result as well because I do the cooking and I'm not making anything we can't eat too. No short order cook happening here!

I'm psyched because not only is Andrew doing the challenge with me, I also have an awesome group of friends who are also committing to a January Whole30 challenge. We've put together a Facebook group for accountability and to give each other support as we work our way through the 30 day challenge. Interested in joining us? We kick off with the 30 day challenge Monday, Jan. 9th. Check out the event page for more details: Whole30 New Year's Challenge

Andrew and I start officially tomorrow. Here's our plan for the week:

I have 2 groups running this month, both of which are going to help me and my clients get back on track after the holidays. Shoot me a message if you want to jump in on either one! 

Comments

Popular Posts