Almond butter Blender Muffins

Meet my current obsession. Like made 3 times in 2 weeks kind of obsession. You can't beat a recipe that literally asks you to throw everything in the blender, turn it on and then pour into muffin cups. Super easy, virtually no clean up (WIN!) and so delicious! 

This one is also perfect for me while doing Whole30. While baked goods are technically a no-no if you're strictly adhering to all of the Whole30 rules, it works for the adjustments I'm making this round. I just don't have time to make eggs every morning so having a quick meal I can grab on the go for work is just what I need so I'm adjusting as fits my life and I'm ok with that. The ingredients are all Whole30 approved so if you're ok with baked good like meals, this one's a good one in my book.

I started with a stock recipe and now every time tweak it a little bit to fit my mood and whatever I have on hand. Some of the modifications and possible adjustments are listed below.

Ingredients:
3 bananas
3 eggs
1/2 cup almond butter*
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 Tbls unsweetened shredded coconut
1 1/2 Tbls cinnamon

Optional mix-ins: diced apple or banana, shredded carrot, mini chocolate chips, chopped walnuts, shredded coconut (looks pretty when sprinkled on top)

* Another nut butter would work fine if you're not an almond butter person. My kids love soy nut butter but that's not Whole30-approved so not this month. Otherwise I'm sure peanut butter or cashew butter would work fine.

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line muffin tin with muffin liners and spray lightly with coconut oil spray.

2. Throw everything into the blender. Blend. Scrape down the sides once and blend again.

3. Pour into muffin tins. If adding mix-ins, gently stir into each muffin.


4. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts