Turn Your Resolutions Into Results

It's been a wonderful holiday season. It's been a relaxing vacation week celebrating with family, getting some much needed sleep and enjoying our time with the kids in between rounds of separating them so they don't kill each other. While I'm not quite ready to head back to school, I am looking ahead to the New Year with some measure of excitement.

As much as I’ve had a fun December (what’s not to love about a birthday month, holidays, family time, and the first snow?!), I’m looking forward to moving into the new year. I am a total goal setter. I love my lists and my desk full of post-it notes attests to that fact. There’s just something so satisfying about putting a goal, no matter the size, down on paper and working on it until you can cross it off. 

The difference with my health goals are that I no longer really totally cross them off, I just revise them to fit my newest benchmark. When I started, it was once lose x lbs and inches. This year, it's to make my 40th year the healthiest, happiest year it can be. What's that look like in smaller terms? Sleeping more (7-8 hours a night), doing more yoga, ditching the sugar...again (I let it sneak back in too much this holiday season), kicking some butt in my second round of Core De Force (I'm still a bit surprised with just how much I love this program!), and supporting my challengers in building some healthy and sustainable habits as we head into 2017.

With that said, I’m super excited to kick off my first accountability group of the New Year!

My New Year, New You group starts Thursday, January 5th and we have a super group of men and women joining us! 

I can’t wait to set some New Year’s goals and support one another in making them a reality. Did you know that something like 92% of people fail to keep their resolutions? That’s insane! This group is about setting REASONABLE, SMART goals for ourselves and setting ourselves up with the support and accountability we need to achieve them. No starting strong and quitting a week into the new year for us! I’m going to teach you about meal planning and prep, share easy recipes and snack ideas, give you some tips for handling temptations, and teach you how to stay motivated and consistent even when life is throwing you curveballs. My goal is to help you make this a sustainable lifestyle change, not a crazy fad diet.

Ready to give up those excuses and commit? Shoot me a message or fill out the application to save yourself a spot! 

-------------------------------------------------------

If fitness isn't your primary goal and instead you need a little support with nutrition, maybe you want to join me for a New Year Whole30 Challenge


Whole30 in a nutshell is this:
- 30 days
- no grains, dairy, legumes, sugar, alcohol
- no processed anything
- no cheats

Why would someone subject themselves to such a thing you might ask? Well, because as you probably are well aware, nutrition is the 


Want to know a little more about our Whole30 journey so you can decide if it's the kind of thing you might want to try? Check out our recap and results from round 1 HERE.


If you've ever wondered if certain foods are making you bloated or if cutting certain foods might increase your energy or help with various health issues, this is a great program to try. Whole30 is NOT a diet. It's a 30 day plan designed to challenge and change your relationship with food. Check out their website for more details about the program. If you do decide you want to do it, I'd definitely suggest picking up a copy of "It Starts With Food" and the "The Whole30." Both were great resources to help us better understand the design of the program.



I will say, Whole30 is not for everyone and it most certainly does take a commitment but having done it once with friends and once on my own, I'll tell you, doing it with friends and support is the way to go. Andrew and I did our first round last March and I did another round in Sept. We're gearing up for another round in January. 

Sound like something you'd be interested in? Fill out the info form below or email me and let's figure out if Whole30 is something you want to try.


-------------------------------------------------------

If we're not yet connected on Facebook, feel free to friend me for healthy recipes, daily tips and motivation and information on upcoming groups. https://www.facebook.com/melisa.shen  

Have a happy New Year!

Fill out my online form.
The easy to use Wufoo form builder helps you make forms easy, fast, and fun.

Comments

  1. Sticking to New Year resolutions is difficult but not impossible if we carefully plan ahead and make realistic goals. If we make unrealistic resolutions there is no way you are going to stick to them even if you work hard and that will discourage you. Its better to stay away from words like ‘always’ and ‘never’ while making your plans. For example don’t say ‘I am never gonna eat junk food’. Instead say that ‘I am gonna limit junk food’ or ‘I am only gonna have this kind of junk food any more’. Its also good if you list out all the steps to reach a goal.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts