Holiday Survival Tips and Support

It’s hard not to be excited this time of year. We just got our first snowfall in Boston, the holiday season is here, our tree is up and presents are arriving by the day (thank goodness for Amazon Prime!) I'm someone who loves the holiday season - not only is my birthday in December (and I'm like a total kid when it comes to my birthday!) but the holidays, family time, lots of good food, presents and the possibility of snow all leave me feeling pretty excited for the month ahead.

While I love the holidays, I know for a lot of us it also means travel, food and drink temptations, busy schedules, warm beds and a host of obstacles that make it hard to find the time and energy to eat healthy and workout. After a weekend celebrating my 40th birthday with lots of laughs, a few too many treats, and not enough sleep, it’s been tough getting back on the wagon. Like many people this holiday season, those excuses are trying to lure me in but I’ll tell you, I’m not ready to let them win. I’m committed to ending the year feeling good and I’d love for you to join me in ending the year feeling healthy and strong!

I have a few groups running this month and I’d invite you to join me for any/all of them!

Healthy Holiday Survival Guide
Next week, I'm kicking off my last accountability group of 2016, the ultimate Holiday Survival Group and I'd love to have you join us to ring in the New Year healthier, stronger, and with some positive momentum. 

This group is not about being perfect, since we rarely are and this time of year especially, it’s unrealistic to expect perfection. Instead, this group is about creating a place to focus on maintaining or building in some healthy habits to our day where we can. For some, that may mean finding a healthy balance with your nutrition that helps you maintain through the holidays, while for others it may be keeping the sugar in check or losing a little weight so you can rock in the New Year feeling good.

Here is what you can expect from this group:
* A health and fitness program to fit your needs in 30 minutes or less each day.
* Sample meal plans and recipes to help you stay accountable, to help you with quick easy meals and snacks to fit your lifestyle.
* Daily accountability through a closed online support group.
* Tips on handling holiday parties, a restaurant guide, traveling tips, healthy alternatives to holiday favorites.
* Motivation & accountability every single day to help you end the year stronger than you started.  

What do you say? Are you ready to start building some positive momentum with me for the New Year? Want more info? Reply to this email or request to join the group HERE.

Healthy Holiday Treats and Cheats 

I first started my own journey to get healthy over the holidays and let me tell you, one of my biggest challenges was figuring out a way to eat healthy and not totally derail my newly adopted habits while still feeling like I was enjoying the holiday. I'm a baker, I've always been. I LOVE baked goods but even more than that, I LOVE cooking. I bake for therapy, stress relief and because I love feeding the people around me. 

The challenge I initially faced though was that pretty much every recipe I grew up on was laden in butter and white sugar and 100% NOT waistline-friendly. So I made it my mission that first holiday season to find ways to still enjoy my holiday favorites but make some healthier swaps where I was able. Since then I've learned a lot more about what it means to eat clean. I've experimented a lot and, through trial and error (they don't always pan out!), have found a lot of delicious, healthier treats that not only fit my healthier diet, but that also pass the husband and kid test. 

Join me on December 12th for a FREE 5 day clean eating holiday baking group. Before you start baking for the holidays, let's see if we can add some new healthy, mouth-watering options into your repertoire and/or clean up some of your old favorites CLICK HERE to join the event page and we'll get baking!


If you are looking for a support group to plug into to help you get the very best results your options for this month are this:

December 12th FREE 5-day Healthy Holiday Cheats & Treats Group
December 12th Holiday Survival Guide Group

And for those who have their eye on the New Year, kicking off January 2nd, I’ll be launching a 60-day New Year, New You group. More info on that to come in the coming weeks. 

Shoot me a message or fill out the application to save yourself a spot in any of these groups: https://shenm.wufoo.com/forms/challenge-group-application/

Comments

Popular Posts