Cize week 2 update


Ok so I wasn't going to even give you an update on Cize because I just knew this wasn't going to be my kind of workout. I figured I'd buy it, try out a few of them, do some dancing with my kids for fun and then shelve it away for someday when I was in a dancing mood (which is pretty much never when it comes time to workout.)


You see I know myself. I'm the kind of person who likes the intensity and the don't-talk-just-do style of Insanity. I want weights to shape and lean out. I'm just not the dancing type... or so I thought. 

I'll admit, I went into this with a bit of a crappy attitude and that's just not usually me. I'm a throw myself in head first and go kind of person. Not when it came to Cize though. 

Week 1 was mixed for me. I decided after one pass through the first workout, "Crazy 8s," that I definitely needed to follow the beginner track. There's 2 options for Cize, beginner and advanced, and based on how you feel after that first workout, you're supposed to choose the better fit for you. Need I say more? My nickname was Grace as a child for a reason (and if you know my family at all, it was not given as tribute to my natural agility and gracefulness.) So needless to say after round one, I decided I was most definitely a beginner. 


The only real difference between beginner and advanced is the pace. As a beginner, you do the same workouts, just spread out over 6 weeks rather than 4. So day 2 I was looking at "Crazy 8s" again.

To my surprise, I discovered on my second and then third time through "Crazy 8s", I kinda had it down. It was almost (dare I say?) fun! 
Once I got over myself and stopped worrying so much, I nailed more and more of the moves and even on that first day when I was falling all over the place like a hippo doing the waltz, I was most definitely getting a good workout. So I decided 3 days in to switch to the advanced track.

Bring on "You Got This!" or so I thought. It was not aptly named. I 100% did not got this my first time through. The normally 42 minute workout took me close to 65 minutes because I'm so friggin' stubborn that I kept pausing and rewinding each new pass until I almost had it and then moving on. A normal person might just try it through, give it their best and say "no worries, I'll get better tomorrow." I'm sadly not that normal person. I'm competitive and stubborn even when my only competition is myself. So I kept trying to "get this" and get it I did not. 

I gave up after 65 minutes and swore up and down to myself again that it didn't really matter because I wasn't really going to do the whole workout as laid out. Well, I could say that but really, I'm just not the give up kind of personality. If I have a schedule laid out for me, gosh darn it, I'm going to do it. (You might have guessed this already but I'm also that person that just has to finish a book even if it stinks. I mean if you start something, you have to finish it, right?)

I found myself trying it again 2 days later and surprisingly discovered much like "Crazy 8s," it was easier the 2nd time through. In spite of my assumption that I would tolerate Cize, I "might" have had some fun with it that day and the day after that and the day after that. Enough fun at least to convince me to start week 3 the other day. 



I'm only one day into week 3 but "Full Out," the first workout in week 3 was fun - even the first time through. It's definitely a little faster paced than the first 2 routines. The first pass through each move seems easy at first but Shaun T. moves a little quicker when he puts them all together so there was still a little rewinding on my part. 
My victory was that I didn't end it in total frustration. I'm actually looking forward to doing it again tomorrow so I can nail those moves. Plus I'm kinda loving the music! And 8 minute abs? Hello deceptively distracting music. It's "fun" but hot damn! That second pass through is a killer!

So there you have it - 2 weeks into the workout I didn't want to do and didn't think I'd like.

I'm most definitely getting a good workout in even though I'm not doing traditional cardio. 
My core is getting a workout from those 8 count abs and from engaging my core while dancing.
Shaun T. even thought of the uncoordinated people like me and added in an option to reverse the view so you're not trying to guess which way to go - am I mirroring him? Going left? Right? Wait, which foot?

So with 2 weeks under my belt, I'm not just liking Cize, it's turned out to be the perfect summer workout for me.

I've been feeling crazy ADD with my workouts this summer and for someone who rarely struggles with motivation to workout, I've been finding it hard to get myself moving a lot of days. So it's nice to have a workout that's fun and doesn't feel like a workout when I'm doing it.

2 more weeks to go and 5 more dances to learn. I'm sure they won't all be pretty but I'm pretty sure they'll be fun. :)

Want more info on Cize? Drop me a note below and I'll get back to you with the details!
Fill out my online form.
Use Wufoo integrations and get your data to your favorite apps.

Comments

  1. Really a great blog shared here with us to remain healthy and fit . Blog is so informative for fitness.Thanks for such a useful blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your blog and I noticed some useful tips from this post.
    It's really a nice blog.

    Goji Berry Magro

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished the Crazy 8 workout and I was wondering tomorrow do I just do the completed dance over and over? Or do I start from the beginning and go through step by step?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the delayed response! We were out of town with spotty internet! So honestly it depends on which calendar you're following, beginner or advanced. I started with beginner which has you doing each dance for a full week in its entirety (warm up, walk through and then the final dance) and then after a few days realized I needed a mid-way point so I played it by ear based on the routine. For most I did it anywhere between 4-5 times before moving to the next one. How's it going?

      Delete
  4. Hey! have you guys seen this??

    http://www.danceon.com/contests/cizechallenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your article is very useful. Help me with much information and experience life.
    Cook at easy smoothie recipes foods.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts