Winning! 3 Day Refresh Round 3

After 3 days of cleaner eating, less crap, no sugar and lots of healthy fruits and veggies, I'm feeling amazing. Here's my round-up:

3 days
2.4 lbs
1.75 inches (off my waist/hips)
LOTS of veggies, fruit, water and healthy fats
NO processed foods. NO grease. NO carbs.

This was my third time doing the Refresh. The first time I did it, I struggled mightily on day 1 but by day 2 I was feeling ok. Honestly, by day 2 it's easy to talk yourself into staying the course because you're almost done. The joy of a 3 day cleanse is that you really can do anything for 3 days. It's so short that it's manageable.  

This time there wasn't that "just get through it" mentality happening. I felt strong going in and didn't need to steel myself for the three days. This was probably in part that I knew what I was getting into and also that I had a small group of challengers doing it with me. It always helps knowing that I'm not alone in something!

This was my meal plan for last week (starting the Refresh on Thursday and finishing Saturday night):



I stuck to plan for the most part with a whole lotta broccoli goin' on. I am addicted to garlic roasted broccoli at the moment, I'm not going to lie about it. How can you not love something smothered in garlic and roasted? 

You always hear people say that the mind is a powerful tool that can really help or hinder your progress. It's so true. I went in with a can do, make it happen, no excuses, no cheats attitude and I wasn't swayed by treats. I didn't cave to Friday night pizza. When I came home tired and stressed from work on Thursday after an entire day of "should be Friday", Parker and I worked out instead of collapsing into a pint of Ben & Jerry's.  


When Andrew texted me yesterday to apologize for getting Smash Burger, I wasn't even a little sad that I couldn't eat it. I didn't want it! I was feeling good and proud of myself for staying the course. So they all chowed on their burgers, fries and shakes and I had my Vanilla Fresh shake (blended with frozen strawberries into a smoothie) and my broccoli. Perfect and just what my body wanted.


So how am I feeling today? Strong. Leaner. Less bloated. Proud of myself for not cheating. 

Ready to head into vacation week healthy. I'm committed to keeping it going. So this week I'm focused on eating cleanly, staying away from processed foods, and minimizing my cheats (which is a challenge on a vacation week!) Here's my plan for this week:


Based on my experience this time, I’m realizing that I want to work the Refresh into my normal routine. I think I’m going to make this an every other month habit. Let me know if you want to try out the Refresh or join me on my next round through!


Comments

  1. I have read your article, it is rewarding and gives me a lot of practical information.
    Cook at quick smoothie recipes foods.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts