Confession time


Confession time: I fell off the wagon this weekend. I'm annoyed at myself for doing it and at the same time, I realize that it happens which is why I'm admitting it publicly. I should have realized it was happening when I was licking the spatula covered in frosting for the whoopie pies on Saturday or when I ordered blueberry pancakes at my sister's birthday breakfast yesterday but I chose to not think about it. When I choose to be mindful, I make better choices. I stop and think BEFORE I eat rather than just feeling badly after.



So why then, the admission? Well, I want others to know that I am not perfect and food is still an area I struggle with every day. I also want you to know that one bad weekend does not signal the start to a week of gluttony. In the past I would have just thrown my hands up and just eaten myself into oblivion all week - I mean it's Thanksgiving week right? WRONG. I don't want to undo all of my hard work and find myself feeling crummy and bloated at the end of this week.

So here I am. 5:30AM. Healthy meal and snacks packed. Menu planned (a day later than my norm but it's done.) About to ‪#‎pushplay‬ with ‪#‎insanity‬. Nothing like a kick butt workout to get myself in the mindset for a good week. No reason to give up on your goals because of one (or in my case 2) bad days. Wipe the slate clean and make today a good one.

Comments

Popular Posts